One thing I hate about this game...

#11skorpion317Posted 10/4/2011 8:41:34 PM
How about the bird calls that sound like human screams in the background? I find those more unsettling than the thugs.
#12MrJaegerPosted 10/4/2011 9:02:16 PM

I hate the freakinglady in the lighthouse that keeps asking me if I found the f'ing jet and the dude there that I keep giving food and keeps asking if I found more.

#13cdripperPosted 10/5/2011 3:22:04 AM
The Infected send chills up my spine everytime. Suiciders have the same effect now ever since one snuck up on me (how I really can't say) during my fight with a thug and it cost me four modded weapons since it blew up, killed me and spawned me somewhere else. Bastards...
---
"That's MISTER Slacker to you, bub."
#14grocco(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2011 6:51:02 AM
MrJaeger posted...
and the dude there that I keep giving food and keeps asking if I found more.

I stopped responding to these lazy beggars. You want more food and water? Go find it yourself!
---
"Wherever you go, there you are..." BB
#15RafedxPosted 10/5/2011 7:03:45 AM
squiggy9996999 posted...
what i hate is when there is only one zombie, who i knocked over, but i hear him running and panting, so i spin 3 times expecting a zombie behind me, but he is down.

that, and suiciders who keep saying 'help me' after they are dead making me think i missed on and (once again) i spin 3 times in a panic.

This^^^

I am finding more and more that surround sounds hinders how I play. I will be bashing 1 zombie, yet I hear him huffing behind me, groaning in front and gurgling all around, which makes me think I am being surrounded but turns out I am not, its just the one Zombie on the floor making 3 different sounds from 3 different areas.

The Suicider thing is starting to bug me now as well, 3 min after I killed one I still heard him talking, which again makes me think their are more when there isn't.

The sound in this game makes no sense in terms of what are making the noises and from what direction. Which really hurts the game as I rely on sound for almost all of my FPS games, as I cannot see a full 360 degrees around me.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com
#16grocco(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2011 7:24:28 AM
Rafedx posted...

The sound in this game makes no sense in terms of what are making the noises and from what direction. Which really hurts the game as I rely on sound for almost all of my FPS games, as I cannot see a full 360 degrees around me.

Exactly this. Every time I hear a thug roar, I get freaked out thinking he's right behind me. I do the spin of terror, and nothing. Only later do I find him inside a building 30 yards or so from where I was standing.
---
"Wherever you go, there you are..." BB
#17MrJaegerPosted 10/5/2011 7:37:46 AM

CD Ripper posted...
The Infected send chills up my spine everytime. Suiciders have the same effect now ever since one snuck up on me (how I really can't say) during my fight with a thug and it cost me four modded weapons since it blew up, killed me and spawned me somewhere else. Bastards...
---
"That's MISTER Slacker to you, bub."

You could have got those modded weapons back. You just need to go back to spot you were fighting. 99% of the time, they will still be there. Unless you save and turn off your game.

#18AxepriestPosted 10/6/2011 4:20:33 AM(edited)
"It's a freaking jumbo jet, not a needle in a haystack!"
You bloody find it then. :(

The one that annoys me is Kwan, "I worry about him".

The worst sound of all though for me, are those times when there is a lack of it. A couple of times I've been investigating a box/bin/bag etc and all of a sudden I'm getting windmilled by an infected that ran up to me without making a sound.
#19SilvanemrysPosted 10/6/2011 3:02:39 PM
Axepriest posted...
"It's a freaking jumbo jet, not a needle in a haystack!"
You bloody find it then. :(

The one that annoys me is Kwan, "I worry about him".

The worst sound of all though for me, are those times when there is a lack of it. A couple of times I've been investigating a box/bin/bag etc and all of a sudden I'm getting windmilled by an infected that ran up to me without making a sound.

^^ this