Do you money grind or synthesize more?

#1BatenKait0sPosted 6/29/2012 5:09:56 AM
The trials dungeon had gold drops that barely helped fund anything, until the 2nd floor. At least Titan has larger gold drops so far, but I still synthesize more at this point.

Do you take the time to search for synth items and materials, or do you mainly just grind for money and EXP?
---
Unchained Blades (PSP), Pokemon: Conquest (DS)
[[Dear CyberConnect2, kindly make us a Solatorobo 2.]]
#2BloodCurvePosted 6/29/2012 5:13:03 AM
I find Synthesizing cheaper, sorta, you do have to pay for the tools to go gathering and the item but you usually get more items for other stuff.
#3BatenKait0s(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2012 5:16:41 AM
BloodCurve posted...
I find Synthesizing cheaper, sorta, you do have to pay for the tools to go gathering and the item but you usually get more items for other stuff.

Agreed. The game seems to 'want' you to take the time to synthesize, which is why most of the equipment in the sundries are overpriced.
---
#4Gamemaster64Posted 6/29/2012 6:52:07 AM
Synth has better stuff then the store. Got the third axe cheap, and got a sword that the store doesn't sell.
---
Not much of potato he said but potato he wrote.
#5BatenKait0s(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2012 7:00:04 AM
Gamemaster64 posted...
Synth has better stuff then the store. Got the third axe cheap, and got a sword that the store doesn't sell.

About how long does it take to acquire the right materials for some strong equipment and armor? I'm about 3 and a half hours in and I can really only synth some good items, and equipment that I already own.
---
#6BloodCurvePosted 6/29/2012 7:15:32 AM
By the first floor in the titan darius i managed to get the Harpe sword, which isn't sold till later in the shop, made the first few floors much easier, also I think raising the proficiency lets you make more items. Though I'm not sure yet, I'm only saying this because of a quest in chapter 2 that mentions making a vase that you can only make if your proficiency is at least level 1
#7ferozzPosted 6/29/2012 10:02:46 PM
BatenKait0s posted...
BloodCurve posted...

Agreed. The game seems to 'want' you to take the time to synthesize, which is why most of the equipment in the sundries are overpriced.

Which makes sense someone had to sythesize what the shops sell so to make a profit the selling price SHOULD be more expensive than the synthesize price.