difficulty jumps much?

#1YonimaruPosted 7/14/2012 5:31:27 AM
So i noticed quite the enemy stat jump just from Temple of Trials alone, but when i got to the first Titan, Darius, (correct me if wrongly named) the enemies are one hitting Lapis, Hector AND Fang without issue...i'm only level 5, and am currently farming to upgrade everyone's armor/weapons to better stuff (cotton sets.....bad, i know. :P)

any other tips i could have pointed out?
---
Norma:First its like this Whoooooosh and then its like aaahhhh and then its like KABOOOOMM!!!
Senel:Okay i have no idea what you just said!!
#2natchu96Posted 7/14/2012 5:39:02 AM
I survived half of Darius on cotton and wood, personally. Something's wrong here . . .

Don't be afraid to use skills to win faster, or you might die.
---
Official Lopunny of the Black 2 Boar . . . wait, how did THAT happen?!?
#3Yonimaru(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2012 5:44:10 AM
natchu96 posted...
I survived half of Darius on cotton and wood, personally. Something's wrong here . . .

Don't be afraid to use skills to win faster, or you might die.

i really shuold try that as well...so far i just equipped those kaiser knuckles on Hector and he's slaughtering peeps with 100 damage (spell damage so far as well)

i'm likely just doing something wrong since games like this always strike as harder than they are @@"
---
Norma:First its like this Whoooooosh and then its like aaahhhh and then its like KABOOOOMM!!!
#4Evil_Evil_Evil_Posted 7/15/2012 9:11:56 AM
get dual bolt on lapis and you will win every fight
#5Yonimaru(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2012 6:27:14 PM
Evil_Evil_Evil_ posted...
get dual bolt on lapis and you will win every fight

well, having the freeze spells (forgot spell name) on Mari is also proving helpful now too :)

have the group half at 'best gear' for where i am. hehe
---
#6nerrickkPosted 7/16/2012 7:37:21 PM
It gets a bit intimidating when you reach the later floors of Darius (the 2 levels of the ark at the very top). I was level 20 with the best equipment you could buy or synth and I was getting stomped. Not stomped, but to the point where I had to run from fights to ensure I could make it to the boss with decent hp/mp.

It took me about 5 reloads to finally kill the boss at level 20, but it was a really good feeling when I finally pulled it off. Just a hint: using Hector's charge skill (Power Up?) followed by his burst annihilates the boss's top row.
#7crunchy612Posted 7/16/2012 8:03:39 PM
Welcome to the world of roguelikes. :D

Inb4 roguelikes have randomly generated dungeons
---
Final Fantasy Marathon! Finished: III, IV, V, VII VIII, IX Currently Playing: Parasite Eve 1
Yet to finish/refinish: Screw it.
#8VeghEstherPosted 7/17/2012 7:48:31 PM
spoilers:-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Well even at level 20 when it took me 5 + resets to beat the said boss that ends the chapter Hector himself was the only PC I had left once the head and 2 arms get killed.

But at the same time I barely had 50 HP left on Hector and did NOT have Access to the level 2 bursts since those took me 28 total levels to unlock.

Heck after the 2 feet of the boss die I couldn't even survive the 5 attacks the boss does in 1 turn (+100 physical damage) and I had its spells do like 3 times as much.

Hence level 20 IMHO is too weak to take it on.
#9Evil_Evil_Evil_Posted 7/17/2012 8:35:37 PM
the boss was easy. dragon's victory + harpes = 200/300 per hit.
#10regulus_NEKOPosted 7/18/2012 12:12:34 PM
geh.. The goblins were quite hard for me to survive with.. I don't think i should mess with Darius if it's like this..
---
Love Song of the Dead Planet