The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Noteworthy Skills?

#1Stasis_SwordPosted 8/10/2012 7:40:59 AM
I recently purchased the game and the skill tree feels a little overwhelming (especially without any FAQs).

I've seen some good general advice:
Get burst skills
Focus on one weapon
Group attack skills are useful

But I'm looking for some more character specific advice particularly on "must have" skills for various characters. For instance I've heard: Swords, Dragon Victory and Pride are useful skills for Fang.

Also what % of the skill grid will I be able to fill by late game (1/3, 1/4, 1/2)? Trying to figure out how precise I need to be.
---
"That was pretty interesting. But dropping a warship on me is cheating... Take it back!" - Xenogears
#2OtakuGameraPosted 8/10/2012 8:54:45 AM
i would say about 2/3 by late game. you dont have to worry too much about the skill tree, basically what i did was check ahead and see what skills i want to get that is nearest to my location and just go there.
---
oh admonishing melody, arise in the name of the necromancer!!! MYSTIC CAGE!!! - blast you into oblivion :P
#3RANRANRUUPosted 8/10/2012 9:48:48 AM(edited)
Get burst skills
Focus on one weapon

That's pretty much what I did. Also if you're using Tiana I would suggest getting firebird as soon as you can because it has easy anima requirements and is quite strong. Get all of the unique party buffs too (Dragon Victory especially).

Also what % of the skill grid will I be able to fill by late game (1/3, 1/4, 1/2)? Trying to figure out how precise I need to be.

By chapters 6-7 you should have most of it filled.
---
CO2+Ra->CR2
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/4774/523552.png
#4natchu96Posted 8/10/2012 10:05:51 AM
RANRANRUU posted...
Get burst skills
Focus on one weapon

That's pretty much what I did. Also if you're using Tiana I would suggest getting firebird as soon as you can because it has easy anima requirements and is quite strong. Get all of the unique party buffs too (Dragon Victory especially).

By chapters 6-7 you should have most of it filled.

Dragon's victory outdoes all the other attack buffs and last forever, right?
---
Official Lopunny of the Black 2 Boar . . . wait, how did THAT happen?!?
#5RANRANRUUPosted 8/10/2012 10:17:09 AM
Dragon's victory outdoes all the other attack buffs and last forever, right?

It's better than all the other attack buffs because it has no anima requirement and is stronger. I'm not entirely sure abut the duration of the buff, but from what I've seen it can last through boss fights.
---
CO2+Ra->CR2
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/4774/523552.png
#6DivineheroPosted 8/10/2012 12:24:09 PM
getting power charge/overcharge for ur physical fighters isn't a bad idea either
---
Every time I hear "The Big Bang Theory" I imagine God having sex with something and BOOM the Universe was created. - PatrickSim
#7RiliyksPosted 8/15/2012 11:36:25 PM
Fang: Stick to swords, pick up his bursts and burst buff early on. His charisma buff is meh, since it's not too hard to max charisma, it'll just help him max it sooner. Don't worry about pride or raging spirit too much, they aren't all too amazing.

Hector: Try to favor claws, as he's axe skills are kinda meh until his all hit, and even still they nerf your speed. Taunt is a godsend, and his passives are pretty sexy. Bursts are decent.

Lapis: Her level 1 burst is all she'll really need, as she's not good at filling her gauge. She's got a couple off good passives, sinster eye and her heal buff. Most of her better skills for most of the game are actually early on in her grid. She'll fall off a little damage wise later though, no reason to bother with daggers since they add nothing to her aside from a small speed boost.

Mari: Harps are considered long range weapons, which is good for her, and offer some great disables for randoms and buffs for bosses. Staffs have a slew of debuffs and some attack skills. Get healing march and sunbath ASAP. They're both amazing. She also get's area high heal which is good. Rest of her kit though is pretty unimpressive. You'll mostly use her to disable and toss healing out occassionally. Her bursts are near worthless as well, her level 3 is just a defense buff.

Tiana: Jebus bird girl. Plenty of good passives to buff everything she does, and decent base skills. Firebird is lol easy mode. She can make decent use out of staves or raipiers so pick there. Her bursts are solid and all targeting, but she's got skills I'd say are more important to grab first.

Niko: Bursts are solid, but her item find passives are a godsend for timesaving. She's actually good with daggers if you can place her up front, otherwise stick her with bows. Her evasion buff and wind damage buff are also quite handy. Penta Winder is great for it's anima requirement.

Sylvie: Level 1 burst is good, 2 is weak, and 3 is good. Absolutely rush her mp sustaining passives. They are too good. Grab her attack magic buff early as well. Seal resistence is handy on her. Like Lapis, daggers are pretty useless on her, even with her learning a couple of debuffs from em. She's got plenty of AoE attacks and of various elements, so tailor her to fill in the gaps. Avoid magic overcharge though, it's got horrible anima requirements.

Lucious: His level 3 burst saves him from being fairly gimped, but just barely... So many weapons, and so many of them are worthless. Swords and Blades only please, he doesn't have the proficiency. to make remote use of anything else. Passives of note on him are resurrection, and ha. He'll have zero AoE attacks using blades outside of his bursts, which are honestly worth getting to at least 2 quickly, since his level 1 is worse than Mari's. His personal party buff is pretty amazing with Fang though, which is something to consider.

Thankfully, games pretty forgiving and you won't suffer too much if you make a couple of mistakes leveling.
---
Pkmn Diamond FC 2964-5171-5195
Gameplay>Graphics Typos hapen.
#8DivineheroPosted 8/15/2012 11:46:50 PM
yea fang + power overcharge + dragon's victory + lucius's buff (eyes in darkness?)=2k+ hit/crits late game it's hilariously OP
---
Every time I hear "The Big Bang Theory" I imagine God having sex with something and BOOM the Universe was created. - PatrickSim
#9Thanatos2kPosted 8/16/2012 9:05:21 AM
If buffs don't last forever, they last long enough that they won't wear off during the vast majority of fights.

I mean, I was grinding a fight with Lapis hitting for 1 dmg trying to unchain an enemy and over 20 rounds later the buff was still up.
---
-Thanatos2k-
#10Stasis_Sword(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2012 3:13:28 PM
Riliyks thanks for that detailed post I really appreciated it.

For Sylvia are particular AOE spells better than others? She has so many to keep track of.
---
"That was pretty interesting. But dropping a warship on me is cheating... Take it back!" - Xenogears