Any point if I know nothing about the Walking Dead comics or show?

#1RPGman1Posted 4/24/2012 4:36:13 PM
I enjoy Adventure games, and I really like what Telltale did with Monkey Island and Sam & Max. Obviously, this is a different style of game than the other two, but I'm wondering if this is an enjoyable experience, and if so, can I still enjoy it knowing nothing about The Walking Dead?

Thanks!
---
JAAAYYSSOOONNN! SSSHHHAAAUUUNNNN!!!
#2ToadstoolPeachPosted 4/24/2012 4:39:33 PM
Sure if you like zombie movies and point + click games then have at it.
#3Chuckiefresh1Posted 4/24/2012 4:56:29 PM
You can absolutely play it without any knowledge of the comics or show. It's still enjoyable and you won't be at a disadvantage.
#4DC4everPosted 4/24/2012 7:15:42 PM
I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much as I did if I wasn't familiar with The Walking Dead already.
---
"Korea is not the most wired country in the world....
Europe is I believe." -Nurotic
#5OhGoodPosted 4/25/2012 12:27:33 AM
If you know what a zombie is than you're all set.

I enjoy the comic and show, but the game is pretty different from those so far. It does it's own thing without getting in the way of the comic or show.
---
BF3 Server name: The Right Fight (US East)
A gamefaqs server.
#6Bastard0fYoungPosted 4/25/2012 1:44:30 AM
If you're a fan of Telltale games, then absolutely get it--it's probably their best work to date. Familiarity with the series would probably make it a bit more enjoyable, since you'll recognize a character or two, but it's in no way needed. The Walking Dead universe is just like nearly any other zombie movie you've seen, like George Romero's dead films. Zombies move slow and don't run, you get bit and you're infected, nobody knows how the virus started, and civilization is more or less destroyed. If you've read up to this point, you're good to go.
---
psn: pod6jerk
xbl: pico83
#7RPGman1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2012 7:38:46 AM
Thanks for all the opinions.

I think I'll look into this.
---
JAAAYYSSOOONNN! SSSHHHAAAUUUNNNN!!!
#8Gmoney-Posted 4/25/2012 9:08:25 AM
Do it.

Rules of the walking dead.

Noises draw zombies in. If one goes, they usually all go and it turns into a herd of zombies.

If one accidentally brushes a door handle and another sees it. They're so dumb they'll take that as trying to get in and the herd will go hard on that building.
---
Justice. Across the universe.
#9calcyclePosted 4/25/2012 9:29:34 AM
you wouldn't understand some of the cameos that show up in the game, but you will mostly be fine with this game
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
#10runyonavePosted 4/25/2012 1:39:58 PM
I'm not a big fan of TV shows or comic books, but i love this game. I don't think you need to know anything about the comics, it's basically a zombie apocalypse and you play as a guy name Lee.
---
Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden 3 (YES, NG3), Bayonetta, God Hand and Vanquish: The greatest games in their respective genres.