Honest opinions, how is it?

#1HclanPosted 4/24/2012 7:27:55 PM
Been watching this game for a while and it seems very interesting but I don't know whether to go for it or not. What's your guys opinions?
---
Currently playing: ME3, Battlefield 3, Silent hill 3, The Witcher 2, Left 4 Dead 2, System Shock 2, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Grim Fandango and Skyrim
#2Sylar100Posted 4/24/2012 7:47:00 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3Sylar100Posted 4/24/2012 7:47:53 PM(edited)
I didn't mind it, though i didn't think it would only be like 2 hours
#4shockskinPosted 4/24/2012 8:02:44 PM
Just finished the first episode. I'll admit, I was super hyped for this game and it did NOT disappoint. I loved every minute. I cannot freaking wait for episode two!
---
GT: paintedingrays
#5SpeedJunkie79Posted 4/24/2012 8:11:17 PM
I'm generally not a big fan of point and click games, but I tried this game out due to a friend's raving recommendation. Honestly, I went in ready to be disappointed since I had played the first episode of Jurassic Park and was not the least bit impressed.

This, on the other hand, has managed to keep me on the edge of my seat. Lots of suspense and had a lot of fun playing through it. Can't wait for the next episode.
#6superdubesPosted 4/24/2012 8:11:44 PM
If you like the tv show and comic, and if you also like TellTale's point and click episodic adventure games you'll love this.

They do not wait at all for the game to get tense.
---
Blood! Sometimes it sets my teeth on edge. Other times it helps me control the chaos. -Dexter Morgan
#7AndymionPosted 4/24/2012 8:41:32 PM
It's ok.
If you are a fan of the show and or enjoy point and click adventures then I would say go ahead and get it.

I do hope it gets more open ended though. Way to many things felt like they were forced regardless of my choices.
#8the_tyrant14Posted 4/24/2012 8:55:48 PM
It could've been worse. With minimal prompts on it can be hard to find some of the little buttons when they're placed in odd spots (An outstretched hand, but the prompt is in the fella's elbow/shoulder). The point and click puzzles are pretty easy to figure out, from what I can tell you can't really miss anything unless you willfully choose to, but then again I grew up playing Curse of Monkey Island.

As far as the actual story goes, I think it's better than the television series - though there are a few awkward moments while people just fire off random facial expressions at Lee (looking at you, Glenn).
---
For motivational purposes, your death will be televised - Me
MH3: Tocla - MHP3rd (HD =D): Toclafane
#9bunnyjoeyjrPosted 4/24/2012 8:58:29 PM
I didnt know what to expect cause i havent played a point and click game in years but i loved it. Maybe i am a sucker for decent horror but honestly i really cant wait for episode 2!
#10kylewilkiePosted 4/24/2012 9:25:04 PM
Its a fun game, short but you do get 5 episodes (eventually) so its about a 10hr total game. I enjoyed it. Really liked the cell shade graphics and the audio was a little tough to hear at times would be my only negative.

I played normal - prompts turned on and it took about 2.3hrs (according to steam, though I was also chatting at the time with a friend). Achivements are non-missable and I don't know if you can actually be killed. I did like the morality choices and wonder if my choices will help out in future episodes.

Its worth the price to get the whole season. Now I kinda want to play other Telltale games.
---
xbl = Wilkz07