HEY! Are you DEAD!?

#1superdubesPosted 4/27/2012 5:43:08 PM
That line cracked me up. You just blew off half of his head how would he not be dead? I know in the walking dead universe they don't know about zombies until the outbreak occurs, but still that was a little silly.

The voice acting in general is off and on in quality. Sometimes the actors do a great job with their delivery, and sometimes they sound a little off. The three that are good the whole time though are Carley, Kenny, and Clementine. The others are good, but have awkward moments.

This is all just my opinion, and I know others may not agree. I was just wondering what others think about this?
---
Blood! Sometimes it sets my teeth on edge. Other times it helps me control the chaos. -Dexter Morgan
#2RyuukosuseiPosted 4/27/2012 8:32:58 PM
superdubes posted...
That line cracked me up. You just blew off half of his head how would he not be dead? I know in the walking dead universe they don't know about zombies until the outbreak occurs, but still that was a little silly.

The voice acting in general is off and on in quality. Sometimes the actors do a great job with their delivery, and sometimes they sound a little off. The three that are good the whole time though are Carley, Kenny, and Clementine. The others are good, but have awkward moments.

This is all just my opinion, and I know others may not agree. I was just wondering what others think about this?

I found it funny too, but think about it for a second.

He has no idea that's its really a zombie. We the players know, but the guy in the video game has no clue on what is happening. In fact, Zombies could be quite different if it were real. What if blowing half their heads off doesn't kill them?

Yes it is a stupid question to ask. But! what if they can talk? we know they can't, but the character does not.
---
~GamerTag EbonyRedEclipse~
~I am Subotai! Thief and archer!~
#3superdubes(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2012 8:59:23 PM
Yeah, I know that they don't know about zombies. I said so in my post, but common sense tells you if the head is missing the thing is dead lol.

Like you said he doesn't know that the officer is zombie, or even what zombies are. For all he knows the guy just got up and attacked him.

My second question though. What did you think about the voice work in the game? I can understand some of it being shoddy since there are so many variations of conversations, but it's not a problem in the Mass Effect series.
---
Blood! Sometimes it sets my teeth on edge. Other times it helps me control the chaos. -Dexter Morgan
#4RyuukosuseiPosted 4/27/2012 10:40:09 PM(edited)
superdubes posted...
Yeah, I know that they don't know about zombies. I said so in my post, but common sense tells you if the head is missing the thing is dead lol.

Like you said he doesn't know that the officer is zombie, or even what zombies are. For all he knows the guy just got up and attacked him.

My second question though. What did you think about the voice work in the game? I can understand some of it being shoddy since there are so many variations of conversations, but it's not a problem in the Mass Effect series.

I think the voice work is ok, but i wish they would have used the same voice actors for the characters that appear in the TV show. They probably didnt have a large budget for this game or even the time that the ME series had.

I agree with on and off quality. I don;t know who the voice actors are, but i would think that they are not really high end voice actors or maybe an improved script. It was good enough for me though.
---
#5AyahRivenPosted 4/28/2012 8:41:46 AM
Well, to be fair the cop was ejected from the car, smashed through the windscreen and was laying in a mangled pile at the bottom of a tree after breaking just about every bone in his upper body, not to mention he was absolutely coated in blood, and yet he jumped up and attacked him. Considering that, I don't think that line sounds too silly.

I think the voice work is ok, but i wish they would have used the same voice actors for the characters that appear in the TV show.

Why? The TV show isn't canon, and it really doesn't have anything to do with the real The Walking Dead series at all. Had they used voices from the TV show, I think that would have completely spoiled the experience for me.
#6superdubes(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2012 8:56:33 AM
AyahRiven posted...
Well, to be fair the cop was ejected from the car, smashed through the windscreen and was laying in a mangled pile at the bottom of a tree after breaking just about every bone in his upper body, not to mention he was absolutely coated in blood, and yet he jumped up and attacked him. Considering that, I don't think that line sounds too silly.

If you examine the cop Lee says, "I don't think he was ejected from the car." Also, the cop was wearing a seat belt.
---
#7RyuukosuseiPosted 4/28/2012 5:15:43 PM
AyahRiven posted...

I think the voice work is ok, but i wish they would have used the same voice actors for the characters that appear in the TV show.

Why? The TV show isn't canon, and it really doesn't have anything to do with the real The Walking Dead series at all. Had they used voices from the TV show, I think that would have completely spoiled the experience for me.

Really? Spoil the complete experience?
---
#8AyahRivenPosted 4/29/2012 2:26:58 PM
If you examine the cop Lee says, "I don't think he was ejected from the car." Also, the cop was wearing a seat belt.

Fair enough. Still though, he's in a mangled pile on the floor with a thick blood trail leading to him; arms and legs all bent out of shape. He was pretty dead beforehand.

Really? Spoil the complete experience?

Completely spoil the experience.* And yes, absolutely. I'd rather have voice actors that are completely fresh, and un-associated with anything in my mind, as opposed to hearing the same obnoxiously annoying voices that would constantly remind me of TWD's butchering on TV. In fact, both characters from TWD series' voice actors were pretty spectacular in the first episode; Hershel especially.
#9iIIogicalPosted 4/29/2012 3:39:11 PM
I agree with everything AyahRiven has said. Yeah, the line made me laugh too.
---
You have won for having my name in a post - highwind07
#10FaYt2021Posted 4/30/2012 7:35:31 AM
You see something that clearly looks dead on the floor, common sense tells you it's dead. You see that same thing come back to life and attack you, all common sense goes out the window.
So him blowing that things brains out, and wanting to make sure it really is dead would make perfect sense in that scenario.
---
Bethesda... what has become of you?