Day Z

#1Wanana80Posted 4/30/2012 5:50:08 PM
Do you guys know this game? It's a mod for ARMA 2, and it's basically surviving in a world of zombies (npc's), survivors and bandits (all players). You have to survive as long as possible and can cooperate with other survivors to hunt for food, guns and shelter.
It 's in alpha now though, it's buggy but I already spent like 20 hours in it! You should check it out if you like a challenge / to survive.
#2topdodPosted 5/2/2012 9:43:22 AM
I watched CHKilroy play some of this.
Looks fun and IMO has quite a bit of potential. Seeing how tense it gets when they saw another group of players and trying to work out if they were friendly or not was fun.

I'd recommend checking out CHKilroy's videos of it (The days ahead) to see this but bear in mind he recorded during an now older version.

Made me want to try out Arma 2 and if I like it I might buy what I need to play Day Z
---
only god shall judge me
#3lionheart5656Posted 5/6/2012 2:46:45 AM
My understanding is it has just turned into a giant deathmatch with most groups killing others on sight.

Mostly.
---
Men must be taught as if you taught them not, And things unknown proposed as things forgot.
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#4lionheart5656Posted 5/8/2012 4:44:56 PM
Yup. That's exactly what it is. Unless you are going to play with a group of friends, you are going to have to kill everything you see because if you don't, they will shoot you.
---
Men must be taught as if you taught them not, And things unknown proposed as things forgot.
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.