I loved this game! What else should I get?

#1Vinnyboombots18Posted 4/30/2012 6:36:50 PM
Hey guys

I've never played any "point and click" adventure games before and decided to give this a shot. I really enjoyed it and am wondering what other games I should try that are similar? I saw Telltale has quite a few different series and was looking for recommendations on what else to try. Thanks!
#2FiachPosted 5/1/2012 3:34:02 AM
Broken Sword Series
Gabriel Knight Series
The Longest Journey
Syberia
Lost Horizon
Grey Matter
Culpa Innata
Secret Files: Tunguska

Check out gog.com for some cheap and cheerful titles.
---
Opinions are like testicles. Kick them hard enough, it doesnt matter how many you got.... -Varric
#3PsythikPosted 5/1/2012 4:48:56 AM
Don't forget the Fallout series (mainly Fallout 3 & New Vegas). They're great open world RPG-FPSes with lots of dialog and choices to make.
---
3.42GHz C2D E8400 4GB DDR2 800 1GB 5770 (960/1200)
Gigabyte X48-DS4 Win7 Ultimate x64
#4FiachPosted 5/1/2012 4:46:43 PM
Psythik posted...
Don't forget the Fallout series (mainly Fallout 3 & New Vegas). They're great open world RPG-FPSes with lots of dialog and choices to make.

I dont think you could really call them point and click?
---
Opinions are like testicles. Kick them hard enough, it doesnt matter how many you got.... -Varric
#5Reinez0001Posted 5/2/2012 4:02:33 AM
lol at the guy who said fallout

Try another telltale game like Tales of Monkey Island or Back to the future.

Actually I'd recommend Indigo Prophecy - not exactly the same type of game but this game reminds me of it in alot of ways.
#6CreeperPosted 5/2/2012 8:55:58 AM
I second the Broken Sword series. Love those games.
---
Curiosity killed the cat but for a while there I was a suspect.
#7yuri19Posted 5/2/2012 9:12:01 AM

Curse of Monkey Island is great. The entire MI series is awesome infact, but avoid "escape" its average at best.

#8NevesElpirtPosted 5/2/2012 2:44:24 PM
I'd also like to give high recommendations to Sam and Max (either the Telltale incarnations or the original LucasArts). Beneath a Steel Sky (which you can get for free), and Grim Fandango, in particular.
---
I used to be superstitious, but now I know that's unlucky.
#9Vinnyboombots18(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2012 5:11:34 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! I am hoping for a Steam sale on some of these games soon otherwise I might jump in for Back to the Future at full price since I'm already having a hard time waiting for the next Walking Dead.
#10gadragodPosted 5/2/2012 10:21:37 PM

I second Indigo Prophecy. And, if you have a PS3, Heavy Rain. Both use a similar play-style, but they're not point and click. However, you still move your character around the environment and interact with different objects in it.

For me, Heavy Rain is likely my top 5, if not top 3, favorite PS3 games.