The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Do enemies respawn?

#1kenshee1111Posted 4/28/2012 5:53:40 AM(edited)
I'm at the first area and I'm wondering if I can grind/train my character a bit, because even on easy, he feels incredibly weak to me. (I might be used to easier games :p)

I just beat severin in that training duel and that just took every item (1 grog and 8x provisions) and luck I had, crappy reward as well...

Also, as a side-question, did I miss getting lockpicking already, or are we able to go back to this first area later on? I prefer doing everything the first time I'm in an area, but I'm guessing that isn't possible here?
---
My life's a horrible game because of its MC.
#2kenshee1111(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 7:10:48 AM
bump, ignore the first post, please just tell me if there's a way to respawn enemies or not. (yes/no would help me a lot)
---
My life's a horrible game because of its MC.
#3unbalancedegoPosted 4/30/2012 7:55:41 AM
from what I can tell, they do not respawn per se. However after major events happen(kill a boss for example) more enemies will spawn in cleared areas. These ones are usually tougher than what was there previously, but there are usually fewer of them.
#4runyonavePosted 4/30/2012 8:43:57 AM
unbalancedego posted...
from what I can tell, they do not respawn per se. However after major events happen(kill a boss for example) more enemies will spawn in cleared areas. These ones are usually tougher than what was there previously, but there are usually fewer of them.

This. All PB games do this. Monsters don't respawn, they just get replaced with stronger ones, but only in a few places.
---
Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden 3 (YES, NG3), Bayonetta, God Hand and Vanquish: The greatest games in their respective genres.
#5Slash_outPosted 4/30/2012 9:24:19 AM(edited)
I just want to add to what was said above.
Since they don't respawn, it gives that much more worth to drops and xp.
So it's best to make sure you spare the change for item like bonesaw, clippers, skining knife, well pretty much anything that will let you cut parts from mobs.

Bodies disapear, so every mob you kill and you do not take advantage of those tools because you didn't have them, is a few drop wasted, and money lost.

Don't miss out on plants either.

As for respawn, usually PB games do respawn a few mobs after important key points in the game as was said above me. But right now, I finally got back to the first area and there are no respawned mob.
Or maybe I just didn't find them yet.

Ps: oh, and kills rats, chicken, cockroaches, they give 20 glory each, this definitively helps considering a normal mobs gives 50 and is a pain to kill in comparaison.

Edit : Nvm, some do respawn in this game as well.
I found a couple of respawned warhogs, some seadevils, giant crab (south east of the first island, where there is a lot of feet deep water and a lot of giant crabs), those where already there the first time (I wiped them out), and they are not tougher, but there is an alligator there now, whch is new and a lot harder to kill.