Is there any ship combat in the game?

#1Spike1138Posted 4/28/2012 8:51:26 AM
I played and really liked the first game so I'm thinking of picking this one up soon and was just curious about whether, since this is a pirate themed game, if you actually fought with ships.
---
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/dbfq/CharismaCarpenterBikini.gif
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/1730/61896763.gif
#2unbalancedegoPosted 4/28/2012 8:53:34 AM
I read in a review that the only thing ships are good for is hauling your piratey behind from one island to the next. :(
#3Alvin_the_ElfPosted 4/28/2012 8:56:13 AM
There are no ship combat, afaik. The devs made it clear long ago when the game was in development.
---
If you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#4Slash_outPosted 4/28/2012 9:26:41 AM

That's too bad... We can control canons in the game, so they should have let us fight battles at sea, even if we only control a canon from the ship.

Speaking of canons, any of you found out what the canons at the first barricade of the pirate camp are for?

There seem to be some ruins nearby but I have fired more than 20 shots at those (to try and break the wall), and it did nothing.

#5AvantrePosted 4/28/2012 3:58:25 PM
I tried firing on the ruin twice - the first time, after a few shots, the door was still up. When I was next near the canon later on I tried again, ran over to the ruin, and the door was open/gone. May just require a fairly accurate shot.
#6Slash_outPosted 4/28/2012 4:07:16 PM
Avantre posted...
I tried firing on the ruin twice - the first time, after a few shots, the door was still up. When I was next near the canon later on I tried again, ran over to the ruin, and the door was open/gone. May just require a fairly accurate shot.

I see thanks, I'll have to wait for when I finally get my ship to come back there, but now I know it's possible to open it, so I'll persevere.
#7AvantrePosted 4/29/2012 6:11:41 AM
Slash_out posted...

I see thanks, I'll have to wait for when I finally get my ship to come back there, but now I know it's possible to open it, so I'll persevere.

The rewards are fairly minor when you do get in - useful at the start, but won't mean much by the time you get back there, I suspect.