The split soul

#1conmeobeophiPosted 4/30/2012 10:45:55 PM
? I am at the spot "Bone" on Island of Thieves but I checked all bones there and find nothing related to the quest ?
#2unbalancedegoPosted 5/1/2012 12:17:40 AM
Bones is the name of a crazy dude at the maracai tribe. You have to pretty much finish Caldera to have access to it.
#3conmeobeophi(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 12:36:13 AM
0_o really ? I though Bones means white bones on the ground...thats why I keep wondering how the hell can I speak with bones =)) god dammit ! So why there is a "X" on Island of thieves anyways since u said Mr. Bones is on Maracai ?
#4steveoSEKPosted 5/1/2012 2:03:41 AM
i've met bones' ghost form and his physical form but can't figure out how to reunite the two.
---
http://i47.tinypic.com/1t0njr.jpg http://gurn.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/eek-a-mouse.jpg http://i47.tinypic.com/2zo90xw.jpg
#5unbalancedegoPosted 5/1/2012 2:12:42 AM
I'm not sure what the deal with the mark on the isle of thieves is. Ive never actually checked the map for that quest.

Also, to reunite the 2, talk to real world Bones until he tells you about him bein lost in the jungle as a child and his father tying a white scarf to the tallest tree to lead him home. Then mention the scarf to ghost bones. I had bones on my ship as a crew member first if that helps.
#6WanderStoryWritPosted 5/1/2012 1:21:05 PM
Whenever I try to talk to real world Bones he just says "What was that?! Hmm...probably nothing." He doesn't say anything else. What am I supposed to do?
#7Eternal_KingPosted 5/1/2012 1:30:36 PM
********Possible spoilers********

There's probably other ways to do this, but this is how I finished the quest.

Should be noted that I went the Inquisition route and had no access to my own voodoo spells.

After getting bones to shut up by giving him a potion (from one of the voodoo women), he tells you about how he's still only half dead, and that his other half probably still resides in the underworld.

He then tells you something about if you were to find this other half, then you should remind him about something to do with a white scarf(can't remember the exact lines). He also joins your crew at this point.

When you go to the underworld later on, "Bones" is standing in the built up area somewhere in the northern sector. After some conversation options the "white scarf" line pops up. He'll then vanish.

When you return to the ship, speak to bones and tell him you found his "dead" self, quest complete.
#8Tadziu8Posted 5/1/2012 2:43:47 PM
WanderStoryWrit posted...
Whenever I try to talk to real world Bones he just says "What was that?! Hmm...probably nothing." He doesn't say anything else. What am I supposed to do?

You have to wait for him to go on a platform above the people gathered there and start shouting his "prophecies" then you can talk to him normally again.
#9WanderStoryWritPosted 5/1/2012 3:32:18 PM
He hasn't said any prophecies for a while. I only heard him shout them once when I was doing the storyline on that island. Now when I go and sleep at every different time (Dawn, mid day, evening and midnight) he never shouts his prophecies. I'm thinking my game is glitched somehow.