Risen 2 - All DLC unlockable using Console

#1Dexter111Posted 5/4/2012 11:37:29 AM

So apparently both story islands and the pirate clothes DLC are already part of the game:

The only thing happening when one downloads/activates a DLC by buying it, is that it gets activated within the game and a respective "dialogue_language_dlc3.pak" gets downloaded to be used for the spoken dialogue (the Treasure Island DLC for instance is only 48MB big as far as I know).

Some people found a way around this in the Test Mode of the game, apparently one can enter a Test Mode by blindly typing "pommes" in game, it should display "TestMode Activated" and enable the console which one can be opened with the "^"-key left of the "1", after that apparently spawning "DLC helpers" seems to work:

spawn dlc1h

spawn dlc2h

spawn dlc3h

After activating the DLCs they are supposedly fully functional (even the one that was exclusive for the "Stahlbart's Schatz" edition of the game) aside from missing voice overs for those parts of the game.

So there goes any doubt that the DLCs weren't "cut out" from the game.

#2SunricerPosted 5/4/2012 11:56:08 AM
What are the DLCs? Treasure Island and the Pirate Clothes? Is there a 3rd?
#3Bigj089Posted 5/4/2012 12:32:39 PM
Wow thats rather crappy. I messed with it on one of my characters and did the give all items command to see all the different outfits and weapons and found I had th Pirates Almanac and Pirate Clothes and was wondering about this. Pirate Clothes are kinda ugly IMO though
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#4SoulTrapperPosted 5/4/2012 12:36:13 PM
And there goes any of my support they had.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#5HBKixPosted 5/4/2012 12:49:51 PM
What a shame. I never buy any DLC but to know this is very disapointing from a smaller company. Still don't regret buying the game but future support is questionable.
#6Dexter111(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2012 7:50:04 PM
sunricer posted...
What are the DLCs? Treasure Island and the Pirate Clothes? Is there a 3rd?

DLC 1 was "Treasure Isle", which is an entire Island and Quest-sequence of around ~2 hours (they advertised it as 5) leading to finding a well... treasure, it was a "Pre-Order Bonus" and is now available for 10/$
DLC 2 was "A Pirate's Clothes", which is a complete outfit (armor, boots, hat, gun and ring giving special stats and XP-Boni), it was included in the Collectors Edition of the game and is now available for 3/$
DLC 3 was "Storm Island", which is another full island with an Air Temple on it and another Quest-sequence spanning ~2 hours or more, it was only available Exclusively in the "Stahlbart's Schatz" (Steelbeards Treasure?) Edition of the game for 90 and is supposed to appear in the shop "in a few weeks" for the normal-price peasants for 10/$.

All can be gotten and completed using this way, one even unlocks the respective Achievements on Steam.

By the way here's Screenshots of the Spawning process, since they didn't translate well to the GameFAQs board:
http://www.abload.de/img/spawn_dlc3hisc55.png
http://www.abload.de/img/umvjrqmueeon38e0spawnyar6p.png
#7runyonavePosted 5/4/2012 9:09:27 PM
Wow nice find, but will this screw up your steam account?
---
Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden 3, Bayonetta, God Hand and Vanquish: The greatest games in their respective genres. Red Seeds Profile: the greatest game ever made.
#8SoulTrapperPosted 5/5/2012 6:26:05 AM
What's funny is that when this stuff was found in ME3 (unlocking the companion on the disc) mods would instantly delete the threads mentioning it because it was "illegal".
But when it happens with a smaller company, they don't care.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#9Bigj089Posted 5/5/2012 8:25:19 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
What's funny is that when this stuff was found in ME3 (unlocking the companion on the disc) mods would instantly delete the threads mentioning it because it was "illegal".

Id like to see their excuse on why its illegal. I went back and forth with them appeal after appeal when they deleted a message of mine for "illegal activity" when someone asked if it was possible to play a game without using STEAM and I said "Yeah". They kept spouting that I was "encouraging the person to illegally circumvent STEAM by telling them how it can be done". I think it was 4 different people but they kept spouting the same thing. I asked how that was encouraging them to do it and telling them how but they just kept repeating what the last mod said. I gave up, you can only deal with so much stupidity.
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#10runyonavePosted 5/5/2012 8:41:46 AM
Bigj089 posted...
SoulTrapper posted...

Id like to see their excuse on why its illegal. I went back and forth with them appeal after appeal when they deleted a message of mine for "illegal activity" when someone asked if it was possible to play a game without using STEAM and I said "Yeah". They kept spouting that I was "encouraging the person to illegally circumvent STEAM by telling them how it can be done". I think it was 4 different people but they kept spouting the same thing. I asked how that was encouraging them to do it and telling them how but they just kept repeating what the last mod said. I gave up, you can only deal with so much stupidity.

Well it's gamefaqs, they ban common sense more than trolling. On that note, why would saying you can play Steam games without running Steam be an illegal activity? Any moron can just go to the steam folder and run their games by double clicking on the exe file. A lot of games don't even need steam running to have them work. If that was illegal, then Valve would have done something about it, but they don't. You've already paid for the game, it's your own damn right to run the game from within or outside of Steam.
---
Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden 3, Bayonetta, God Hand and Vanquish: The greatest games in their respective genres. Red Seeds Profile: the greatest game ever made.