Risen 2 - All DLC unlockable using Console

#11Bigj089Posted 5/5/2012 9:30:50 AM
runyonave posted...
Bigj089 posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
What's funny is that when this stuff was found in ME3 (unlocking the companion on the disc) mods would instantly delete the threads mentioning it because it was "illegal".
But when it happens with a smaller company, they don't care.

Id like to see their excuse on why its illegal. I went back and forth with them appeal after appeal when they deleted a message of mine for "illegal activity" when someone asked if it was possible to play a game without using STEAM and I said "Yeah". They kept spouting that I was "encouraging the person to illegally circumvent STEAM by telling them how it can be done". I think it was 4 different people but they kept spouting the same thing. I asked how that was encouraging them to do it and telling them how but they just kept repeating what the last mod said. I gave up, you can only deal with so much stupidity.

Well it's gamefaqs, they ban common sense more than trolling. On that note, why would saying you can play Steam games without running Steam be an illegal activity? Any moron can just go to the steam folder and run their games by double clicking on the exe file. A lot of games don't even need steam running to have them work. If that was illegal, then Valve would have done something about it, but they don't. You've already paid for the game, it's your own damn right to run the game from within or outside of Steam.

It was to go around STEAM. The question was if they could play the game without having to use it at all and they deleted my response instead of others that actually gave more info. So pretty much like you said, they deleted my common sense post.
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#12Bigj089Posted 5/5/2012 9:33:34 AM
Apparently the mods on the Nexus sites are some of the worst on the net though. One guy got banned for jokingly saying he was trolling after making an informative post and someone saying that he was a troll when he wasnt simply because he didnt agree with him, which is rampant at least on this site. The mod popped in and said something like "Thanks for admitting to being a troll and letting me use the banhammer. Have a nice day! :)" Im not kidding either, the guy took a screenshot of it and I had it saved but that was on my old computer and I didnt transfer the picture over.
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#13LordOfIcePosted 5/5/2012 11:39:23 AM
Well, deep silver may have pushed for Pirahna Bytes to make some DLC or cut some content to be used as DLC, so please don't stop supporting them if you like their games or anything. :S

I've stuck with them since I played Gothic 2 and went back to 1. When I found out Risen 1 was made by them I fell out of my chair. I'm just glad they're still working, I'd hate for them to stop. They're games have a certain dunno what that I can't get enough of.
#14DaProphecy84Posted 5/5/2012 1:37:10 PM
blah blah blah

does it actually work?
#15zenopathPosted 5/5/2012 8:43:16 PM
I got the DL1 helper to spawn, and activated the pirates clothes, but they are not in my inventory and im not sure how to get them... I did save and load like the helper told me to.
#16RampageHowlPosted 5/5/2012 8:58:34 PM
zenopath posted...
I got the DL1 helper to spawn, and activated the pirates clothes, but they are not in my inventory and im not sure how to get them... I did save and load like the helper told me to.

Same, can someone explain this please.
---
Not so patiently waiting the release of:
Dragons Dogma, Risen 2, possibly Diablo 3
#17Dexter111(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2012 9:41:39 PM
zenopath posted...

Yeah, the clothes one seems to not work for some people, there's a solution for that over here: http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1142359-Risen-2-Cheatguide-Work-in-Progress/page6?p=18897954&viewfull=1#post18897954

Either type it all in the console or make a makro for it e.g. make a file in "%LocalAppData%\Risen2\Config\GiveDLC1.cmac" and enter this:

give It_Pis_Officer 1
give It_Ammo_Bullet 20
give It_Ri_XP 1
give It_Armor_DLC1 1
give It_Shoes_DLC1 1
give It_Hat_DLC1 1
setqueststatus Player_DLC1StartReport run
set_game_variable DLC1_Given 1

Then just type "ExecuteMacro GiveDLC1" in the console.
#18galadainPosted 5/9/2012 7:44:54 PM
Looks like this has been removed with the patch. I spawned dlc3 prior and now I can't spawn any of them.
#19LordOfIcePosted 5/10/2012 6:07:32 AM
Oh, bugger. I was just about to ask where Storm Island starts since I got to Chapter 3 for my second playthrough having used the dlc helper unlock function and now they removed it? I wouldn't mind paying a little for it but they haven't bloody released it yet, they said a few weeks after release, just want to play the damn thing.
#20jbtilleyPosted 5/10/2012 6:20:02 AM
Uninstall, reinstall, don't apply the patch.