Sold items stay in Buyback permanently?

#1bushwhacker2k7Posted 5/6/2012 8:54:08 PM
Kind of an obvious question which evidently no one on the entire internet has asked:

If I sell items, do they stay in the buyback panel at the price I sold them at forever?

Next question is sliiightly spoilerish, and only really applies if the answer to the first question was yes:

Do we ever lose access to any merchant in the course of the entire game(whether we're cut off from them or they die), and as a result lose the chance to buyback items sold?

---

The reason I ask is because I just sold items to the first merchant I came across and they seem to persist in the buyback panel even after I break trade/chat with him. The buyback price is the same value I sold it at.

These reasons lead me to perceive the buyback feature functioning as some kind of pawn shop with no interest.

So if it is permanent then it basically functions as a kind of storage from which I get paid.
---
GT - Bushwhacker2k
#2Alvin_the_ElfPosted 5/6/2012 9:59:16 PM
No, the items in 'Buy Back' are not permanent. I think they reset each time you leave an island. I checked each merchant in Sword Coast after leaving it and returning. All the items were gone.
---
If you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#3xCrossePosted 5/6/2012 10:17:27 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/975399-the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings/62724357
#4bushwhacker2k7(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2012 3:19:19 AM
Okay, thanks, Alvin.

Now I know to be cautious whenever leaving the area.
---
GT - Bushwhacker2k
#5pezizzlePosted 5/7/2012 5:57:18 AM
They ARE permanent. Please dont answer questions you dont know the correct answer to please people.

I just finished like 3 islands and went back to tacerigua (sp?) and bought back my starting equipment, all the idols i sold, and even some coconuts and provisions i sold.
#6Alvin_the_ElfPosted 5/7/2012 6:24:43 AM
Hey, no need to be rude. I just said what happened in my game. And in my game, they were gone. It may be a glitch or something else, but I never found all the stuff I sold.
---
If you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#7JokerxDragonPosted 5/7/2012 3:58:57 PM
Confirming that stuff stays. Checked all the islands I have been to and everything I ever sold is still in buy back.
#8bushwhacker2k7(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2012 9:29:59 AM
Okay, going to assume they're permanent for the time being. I can test later to see if I get consistent results but for the time being I'm going to assume Alvin checked the wrong vendor or something.
---
GT - Bushwhacker2k
#9NaryorilPosted 5/9/2012 1:39:45 AM
personally i sell all my stuff to Booze, always. Due to this i only have to check a single vendor to buy back anything (which i had no need of yet btw)