Is this going to be a poor port like the first?

#1KillerJuan77Posted 3/20/2012 9:33:46 PM

Just wondering, the original suffers from some washed out visuals and poor framerate, otherwise... it's an incredible game.

#2ReezyKunPosted 3/21/2012 5:07:24 PM
nobody knows , i hope not .
---
GT- Nerdy Ryuu /PSN - ryuuuu91
Twitter@Sirryuu
#3fluent2332Posted 3/22/2012 7:56:33 PM

I played Risen on the 360 and had a blast. It wasn't the prettiest game I've ever seen but it certainly wasn't bad and it was definitely playable. I don't agree with the "poor port" crowd. The game was fine for me.

#4KillerJuan77(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2012 11:04:45 PM

fluent2332 posted...

I played Risen on the 360 and had a blast. It wasn't the prettiest game I've ever seen but it certainly wasn't bad and it was definitely playable. I don't agree with the "poor port" crowd. The game was fine for me.

Well, it's pretty decent compared to something like The Cursed Crusade or Venetica, but it still suffers from some major presentation issues. However, at least it runs better than Dark Souls in Blighttown.

#5HDCasePosted 3/23/2012 7:15:40 AM
They've been saying the PC/360 versions will be more comparable this time because they're being made at the same time.
---
Artiste of the Slightly Funny Deal
#6kvltblackPosted 3/23/2012 9:54:52 AM
This will not be a port this time.
---
From the east to the west with plague bearing steps i march my sharp arrows of instant death, i shoot into every beating heart i will not spare you.
#7Darth VengerPosted 4/5/2012 6:00:59 AM
I liked Risen on the 360, but it was clearly a poor port. The controls and interface were all shoe horned in and felt clunky. The developers have admitted this and have said they built Risen 2 with consoles in mind from the beginning.
---
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.
#8mrmontiePosted 5/5/2012 1:22:11 AM
I really enjoyed Risen, but the odds were in my favor. I'd never heard of the game and saw it on a used sale rack for ten bucks so picked it up. Since I had nothing to go on but the sparse cover I had no expectations other than hoping to get my ten bucks out of it.

I'm sure this helped me overlook the game's flaws.

The problem with this is that I'm pretty sure 2 is going to be full price, so expectations will be higher. I hope it meets them.