Can the 360 Portal work for the Wii?

#1X_Ayumi_XPosted 12/26/2011 7:00:14 PM
Mainly asking as I want to borrow the game from one of my friends who got it for the Wii... mainly for the exclusive hat.

They said I can borrow the game and play through the game and such while they're supposedly using their portal to play the online version or something.

So is there a way to use the 360 Portal or should I not bother asking my friend for the disc?
---
GT: Ayumi Spender ~~~~~~~~~~ PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to.
#2gwmortPosted 12/27/2011 8:19:18 AM
I believe it can. We got the Wii starter pack, but when we went to the website to enter the codes for the figures there we were prompted to connect the portal direct to the computer. I assume that would be done by using the usb receiver thing we put into the back of the wii. I didn't try it yet, but that is my understanding.

I also believe the figures can travel between systems (ie a hero leveled on wii can be taken to a friends house with playstation and played right into their system with same level and hat etc...) so the portals themselves are probably universal.
#3TruepanicPosted 12/27/2011 8:31:46 AM
Stats are saved to figured you can use figured on any portal and they carry any stats/levels/challanges/hats found or completed.

Portals are universal for the most part the only difference is the game itself.

i do believe the 3ds portal is different i do not have the 3ds so i don't know if it has a usb port for the reciever.

Figureds can be traded by placing them on someone elses portal and having them select ownership under the Skylanders information menu.

So far this is an awesome game
#4gwmortPosted 12/27/2011 11:33:52 AM
Sorry, disregard above, just read this in a different thread on 2nd page:

Just an update, here's a response I got straight from Activision asking them which portals were compatible with which systems:

Hello, Thank you for contacting Activision Customer Support. Yes but they are not all compatible. The Xbox portal will only work on an Xbox. The 3DS portal is universal and will work on any system except an Xbox. The PS3 and Wii have the same portal and will be interchangeable and can also work in the PC version of the game. The PC portal will only work on the PC version of the game. All portals will work for the Web world. Please feel free to contact us again for technical issues or questions
Have a Happy Holidays!

So according to them, there are NO portals, including the 3DS one, that will work on an xbox, aside from the xb360 portal itself. I might just bundle up everything & see if I can swap the wii version for the xb360 one somewhere.
#5X_Ayumi_X(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2011 8:25:19 PM
Ah. Well that's at least good as I was planning on getting the 3DS version soon.
I guess I'll wait until I get that version before asking my friend for their Wii copy.
---
GT: Ayumi Spender ~~~~~~~~~~ PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to.
#6WickedRoguePosted 1/12/2012 5:20:54 AM
I have tried the 360 portal on the PS3 so I can confirm it doesn't work on the PS3. says unknown hardware detected.
---
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a bad game is bad forever." - Shigeru Miyamoto
#7Gray_AreasPosted 1/13/2012 11:18:18 AM
Why not just ask your friend if you can use his/her Wii portal, and let him/her use your 360 portal for their computer? That way, you can both still play the game of whichever system you're going for at the moment.
---
White FC: 4727 7422 4019
Platinum FC: 2063 5286 9480