Can Portal of Power cross platforms?

#1KFrosty3Posted 12/8/2011 3:08:59 AM
I recently came into a copy of this game WITHOUT a portal for xbox 360. Ebay usually sells only Wii and 3ds portals and I am curious if by using the USB could i use a wii portal (or any other system portal) on an xbox console?

FYI I asked this in the answers tab just in case anyone wants to answer it for me there.
---
I still think Pac-Man was the best game and had the best storyline... EVER!!! 'nuff said.
#2dark52Posted 12/8/2011 3:55:48 AM(edited)
No, you need an Xbox 360 portal for the Xbox 360 game.
---
http://www.darkspyro.net/
#3KFrosty3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2011 5:39:43 AM
then what is the point of the usb cable?
---
I still think Pac-Man was the best game and had the best storyline... EVER!!! 'nuff said.
#4shoon232Posted 12/8/2011 11:28:14 AM
The 3DS portal WILL work with the Xbox just like it works with my PS3. All the portals are cross compatible with one exception. The 3DS portal is the only one that works with the 3DS because of how it is used but the 3DS portal works with all the other systems just like the Xbox and PS3 portal. And the point in the USB cable is to plug the portal into the computer for the online Skylander universe but does also all the portal to work with all other systems.
#5shoon232Posted 12/8/2011 11:29:44 AM
Misread a little, I thought you were talking about the 3DS portals USB for some reason but either way like i said they will all work.
#6KFrosty3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2011 6:49:15 PM
thank you for the answer! i'll probably buy a 3ds portal then
---
#7dark52Posted 12/10/2011 5:24:16 AM
That would be a mistake. It is compatible with the PS3 and Wii but it is not compatible with the Xbox 360.
---
http://www.darkspyro.net/
#8zeldalullaby021Posted 12/14/2011 5:08:51 PM
shoon232 posted...
The 3DS portal WILL work with the Xbox just like it works with my PS3. All the portals are cross compatible with one exception. The 3DS portal is the only one that works with the 3DS because of how it is used but the 3DS portal works with all the other systems just like the Xbox and PS3 portal. And the point in the USB cable is to plug the portal into the computer for the online Skylander universe but does also all the portal to work with all other systems.

Have you tried it? How do you know it'll work?

I have the Wii starter bundle, and was hoping my Wii portal would work with my 360 when I came across a 360 disc. I throw the USB in my system and turn on the portal....it lights up, indicator lights on USB and portal both turn solid red (looks like it's connected, right?)...but when I put the game in, I can't actually play since it keeps telling me there's no portal installed.
#9TolerohPosted 12/15/2011 9:34:10 AM
I don't have an xbox--can you install drivers on it? I know it works somewhat like a computer so you may have to download the driver available from activision. I got mine through the online game. universe.skylanders.com/play
I have not tried hooking up my wii portal to the computer yet, mostly because the online version is so laggy.

Anyway, if the xbox takes drivers, that would be your problem.
#10zeldalullaby021Posted 12/19/2011 4:50:06 PM
Just an update, here's a response I got straight from Activision asking them which portals were compatible with which systems:

Hello, Thank you for contacting Activision Customer Support.

Yes but they are not all compatible. The Xbox portal will only work on an Xbox. The 3DS portal is universal and will work on any system except an Xbox. The PS3 and Wii have the same portal and will be interchangeable and can also work in the PC version of the game. The PC portal will only work on the PC version of the game. All portals will work for the Web world.

Please feel free to contact us again for technical issues or questions
Have a Happy Holidays!

So according to them, there are NO portals, including the 3DS one, that will work on an xbox, aside from the xb360 portal itself. I might just bundle up everything & see if I can swap the wii version for the xb360 one somewhere.