Mages deck are overpowered........

#1crazyguy001Posted 2/28/2011 10:37:56 AM
Damn those mages deck,it's take me forever to finish them off,how come they are too overpowered,especially those magic cards like fire ball and lightning strike,too abusive.......
#2lunarswordPosted 3/1/2011 3:58:39 AM
i agree, especially the mage heroes. 3/4 turns and they can kill pretty much any ally in the game. tends to lead to the opponents total lockdown. those abilities need some serious balancing adjustments, such as damage reduction or cost increase.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/mygames/index.html?user=lunarsword
Video play throughs at - http://www.youtube.com/user/DreadArkive
#3miekman66Posted 3/10/2011 4:52:58 PM
They are pretty OP especially with the portal card. pretty much once thats played its over. I found that the priest class does a pretty good job of countering mages.
---
PSN: mikeman44 Gamertag: Blankman66
#4cuccooPosted 3/20/2011 3:29:04 AM
just play mages yourself to accumulate gold until next patch. With new cards and balanced adjustment, we can invest for new decks.
#5ThorFolklorePosted 4/12/2011 6:05:26 AM
You guys are playing on 1.24, right? I use a Boris Skullcrusher Control/Aggro deck. Few mages can stand up to it. Elementals are my biggest problem.
#6fissionprimerPosted 4/13/2011 8:15:06 AM
the "Draw a card for 2 resources" ability is the cheapest trick right now on the mages decks. Also poison and burn your hero, then use meteors, burst, ect. on him/her.
---
obvious sticky (;
#7ThorFolklorePosted 4/21/2011 10:32:50 AM
Well, yeah, drawing an extra card once every two turns is very useful, but I wouldn't call it cheating or cheap. For an equally powerful ability, all you need to do is look at the Warrior ability Blood Frenzy. This card single-handedly gives Warrior decks the best drawing mechanism in the game (for now). All Majiya can do is play catch up when duelling against a Warrior deck. I include one Rampage in my deck to significantly (but not entirely) offset the slow burn from Blood Frenzy and also from being gassed and flamed. It's a game changer for me, that card.
#8PipForeverPosted 4/21/2011 8:57:23 PM
You just have to learn their weaknesses. First, they have no weapon/armor destruction. So, if you have a good armor or weapon they have no choice but try to wear it down with allies. This fact makes them very vulnerable to Hunters and Warriors.

Second, their spells are all decently high cost. So hit them quick if you don't/can't use weapons, and maybe use resource destruction. And finally, you can destroy their items fairly easily with Shriek and other item destruction cards.

But yeah, there are plenty of counters to mages.
---
Pearl FC: 1375 4516 9048
#9ThorFolklorePosted 4/21/2011 9:49:05 PM
^ What he said.

But let's exclude resource destruction, yeah? It's not gonna be a very viable option anymore with 1.25.
#10PipForeverPosted 4/21/2011 9:57:34 PM
That's very true, but maybe it can still help a little in certain cases. At least, if you're using a priest deck, you can use plague while still casting low cost allies and then buff them with... That card that gives them +2 attack, haha.

But on the whole, yeah resource destruction is on the way out.
---
Pearl FC: 1375 4516 9048