Nightmare mode anyone?

#81MoliviousPosted 6/24/2012 8:36:24 AM(edited)
AI just had bad tastes for targets XD they keep on attacking the bulky ones, saves me less worry and time for healing every now and then. And speaking of RNG, i seriously haven't gotten any good spoils ever since i began...not even Maximillian is that good, cause it has -1 mov/jump D:

edit: Oh wait, i got Oni Lance! lol
---
Do not fear death - only the unlived life.
"You could easily teach yourself if you observe the world closely." - Elise, Gungnir
#82MJEmirzian(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2012 11:57:31 AM
I'm going to try not using any of the rare boss drops.. it wouldn't be fair to tell players to use items that only have a 33% or less chance of dropping. That's very RNG heavy.

I see you took a while to complete stage 5.. did you get off a Ragnarok?

Just completed stage 4 nightmare sniping Pierre in 10:12.
---
http://www.tbstactics.com - Tactical Insights. Tactical turn based and tactical/strategy game news/reviews.
#83MoliviousPosted 6/24/2012 12:35:20 PM(edited)
yeah. same here. lots of weapons tend to be more useful than those, anyways. But armors such as Iron Armor from Scene 5, or Sun Cloak from idk who/where, are suggested to be used - if they are lucky enough to acquire them. These pieces will help them by a lot of amount - and most of the time, they tend to be overlooked or ignored. for example, Sun Cloak ignores aqua damage, which can be useful in at least 4 Scenes, where aqua damage is common. Iron armor, on the other hand, is a low-cap +25 def armor piece that can only be acquired until half past the game. So it would be good to at least let them be aware of stuff they should keep an eye on.

i think i should mention that Dragonia armor on Scene 18's shop(1x),and Scene 22's shop(2x) will truly be of help too, for scene 22 itself. having a full-party of fire-immune armor (including aqua garb) will hilariously make the cannons look like decorations - they wont attack at all. 3 pieces, exact amount for 3 tank units who will block the way from incoming knights, and absorb damage from your own fire mages.

Anyway, scene 5 was pretty harsh on me, idk why.. it must've been because i didnt place my "tank" unit two tiles before the bridge. instead, i put him just one tile away, allowing the other units to perform "cleaving" damage from the sides.. lol too much healing was involved, in the end. Didnt use Ragnarok until later, too - not even on scene 7 iirc.

and nice job for stage 4 xD i dont plan on repeating that stage anytime soon. I probably would farm for stuff on advanced mode first.
---
"You could easily teach yourself if you observe the world closely." - Elise, Gungnir
#84MJEmirzian(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2012 12:52:06 PM(edited)
Yeah stuff like iron armor is more useful than oat bread (obviously) but I don't think it's fair to expect the player to replay a stage several times to get the right drop(s).

Anyway, I cleared stage 5 in 11:36.

Again you can try to snipe the boss or kill most/all enemies for more stuff. Sniping the boss is fairly straightforward and easy. Block the east walkway with Elise, Paulo, and a Tamer to hold down the Harpy, while Giulio and Ragnus drop into the water to face Rodrigues. The brutes should follow Giulio and Ragnus into the water, so kill Rodrigues quickly before they have a chance to launch too many Beat attacks.

Screenshot here: http://i.imgur.com/m864b.jpg

To kill most/all enemies, block the bridges while using a safe Ragnarok, then finish off enemies using ranged/magic attacks + beats. You might consider ringing out the brutes with knockbacks. Don't jump down until most/all enemies are dead, as Rodrigues hits very hard and will be moving very fast if he's the only enemy left.

Looking back on this thread, you said you used Ragnarok on scene 6.. I thought that's one of the reasons you cleared it so quickly.
#85MoliviousPosted 6/24/2012 1:02:04 PM(edited)
oh.. yeah.. that made Scene 6 a lot quicker.. although i didnt have the chance to use it on Scene 5 due to Rodrigues's 250+ damage attacks (armor broken), poison from the tamers earlier, so i had to scramble all the time.

God, i knew tamers had to be more useful than they are. guess i spent too much attention on mages. lol
---
#86MoliviousPosted 6/25/2012 8:23:55 AM(edited)
midnight updates(Scene 23~24): http://imgur.com/a/5WYKy#35

lol the reason why i took 2 images of the trickster and Bacchus in poison was cause that the damage difference was only a matter of 2 of my trickster's turns(w/c was around 50~60 ticks), and Bacchus was only able to move once in between. sorry bout the regina screenshot though, kinda messed up as i accidentally deleted the clear one.. lol at least it's not blank XD

fun thing about scorpion tail is that it's a 100% hit weapon, and if there's only one opponent in range, he surely will be hit. Unlike arrow/javelin "random tile" attacks, Scorpion tail randomly chooses a target instead. So if there are 5 targets in range, you only have a 20% chance of hitting that enemy.. good thing that the brutes totally went down the gorge.. ah. i love how high the poison rate of scorpion tail is, too :3 got him poisoned in two attacks. had to scramble just to get the first poison in, though.
---
#87MJEmirzian(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2012 1:18:35 PM
Nice, more fast boss sniping.
---
http://www.tbstactics.com - Tactical Insights. Tactical turn based and tactical/strategy game news/reviews.
#88MJEmirzian(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2012 3:47:09 AM(edited)
Yeah I'm getting a bit bored with nightmare mode. Just about any of my strats that worked on advance work on nightmare. Oh well. There's still annoying RNG like random guards or not being able to proc a safe gungnir.. luckily most stages are really short.
#89MoliviousPosted 6/26/2012 3:57:25 AM
really? in my case, i have barely used half of the strats i used in advanced D:
never nuked as much nor made much use of burn/poison, merely froze enemies in place then took them on one by one with other units.. i was more into beats and boosts that time..
---
#90MJEmirzian(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2012 5:28:54 AM
Yeah, I think you were into using assassins and tricksters.. but you found out you can't use those as much on nightmare lol
---
More topics from this board...
Pamela Playable Code?NISAfan212/23 12:22PM