Can i invert my Y axis controls with the full game?

#1unclekoolaid73Posted 4/27/2012 1:57:25 PM
cant seem to do it in the demo and im not buying this if i cant invert my controls.
---
xboxGT: METHENSTEIN
#2demayorPosted 4/27/2012 8:25:52 PM

You cannot.   But if you don't buy it, you will miss out on a great game.  I'm like you, I like my Y axis inverted, but so far I have not had much trouble the way it it.  

#3RegressionPosted 4/28/2012 2:08:40 AM

You're not buying this if you can't invert your controls?  Really?  .....................................Really?

#4unclekoolaid73(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2012 5:09:38 PM
Regression posted...
You're not buying this if you can't invert your controls? Really? .....................................Really?

yes really, something as simple as letting me not invert my controls and play the game the way i am used to will certainly stop me from buying. What else did the devs skimp on if you cannot do something as simple as invert the Y or X axis. This is something that you have been able to do since the days of the Nintendo 64. im not willing to spend my hard earned money to find out and i was really looking forward to this.
---
xboxGT: METHENSTEIN
#5nerdtasticPosted 4/28/2012 11:38:33 PM
I'm also a little shocked you can't invert controls; it's not a major undertaking and enough people use it that it's a common feature in most games. My system settings are on inverted and the game even overrides that. Hopefully it will be addressed in the upcoming chapters. That being said, I adjusted really quickly and sometimes it even added a little tension. I beat the game in couple hours and it was well worth a few uncomfortable minutes for a new, engrossing Walking Dead interactive puzzle adventure cartoon.
---
Who says?
#6aRealCoolGuyPosted 4/30/2012 12:53:14 PM

Not only is it a common feature; up until about 5 years ago it was the default. I would really like the option to switch joysticks--use the right stick for movement and the left for reticle; I find it difficult to move the reticle and press the button at the same time and during the "battles" with zombies, I've often found myself using two hands on one side of the controller...

#7GodSlayer66Posted 5/1/2012 1:52:25 PM
aRealCoolGuy posted...
Not only is it a common feature; up until about 5 years ago it was the default. I would really like the option to switch joysticks--use the right stick for movement and the left for reticle; I find it difficult to move the reticle and press the button at the same time and during the "battles" with zombies, I've often found myself using two hands on one side of the controller...

I have been playing a lot longer than 5 years and i can tell it was not the default 5 years ago.
---
"tarren unstopibol" ~White-Ra
#8aRealCoolGuyPosted 5/1/2012 8:48:40 PM
GodSlayer66 posted...
I have been playing a lot longer than 5 years and i can tell it was not the default 5 years ago.
---

C'mon, son... you really gonna hold me to a literal statement?? I said "about"... More like 5-8 years ago if you want accuracy.... but it really don't matter...
#9jaspermurPosted 5/2/2012 12:26:22 PM

Really. I downloaded the demo and played. It was in the iffy buy/not buy column. Since I used inverted from day 1, this is no sell for me. When I first started gaming the only time y controls were important were flight sims which I played a lot.

#10GodSlayer66Posted 5/5/2012 1:57:21 PM
aRealCoolGuy posted...

GodSlayer66 posted...

I have been playing a lot longer than 5 years and i can tell it was not the default 5 years ago.---"tarren unstopibol" ~White-Ra

C'mon, son... you really gonna hold me to a literal statement?? I said "about"... More like 5-8 years ago if you want accuracy.... but it really don't matter...

Fair enough. My point is that the inverted Y axis stopped being the default before this console generation IIRC Halo on Xbox was already not inverted by default.
Which is one of the games that brought the FPS genre for good on consoles.
---