Pixelation issue

#1TheDistortedPosted 10/29/2012 1:20:26 AM
I'm having a strange graphical issue with this game.

I am experiencing increasing pixelation of the gameworld's terrain in correlation with draw distance (that is to say, the graphics are pixelated/low resolution, worsening the farther away the objects/terrain are from the screen).

My graphics settings are all fairly high, and I had previously played through the game without running into this problem at all.

Having just bought the Jewel of the Nile expansion pack, I obviously want to play through it, but this graphical issue is ruining it.

The problem 1st cropped up some months back when I loaded the game up to earn some more trophies. The only thing I can think of is that my graphics card received a driver update through the AMD Catalyst Control Centre, around that time (shortly before).

My graphics card is an ATI Radeon HD 4600 series.

I have looked elsewhere (e.g. searching Google) for records of other people encountering the same problem or something similar but have so far found nothing.

It's not me alone experiencing this problem though, as my brother also has an ATI Radeon card (a more recent/powerful model) and has also encountered this issue.

Also, I have not encountered any graphical issues in any other game in a very long time.

I am perplexed and frustrated. Any suggestions welcome.

And if you have read this far, thanks for taking the time to hear about my problems :)
---
SUDDENLYANOMALOUSFIELDIMPOSSIBLETOANALYZEAPPEARSINTOKYO!