ITT: Name a fanbase worse than this and explain why

#1ShinyBreloomPosted 7/11/2012 12:04:45 PM
I'll start

Homestuck because the fans are a bunch of idiots who don't cosplay their zodiac signs
---
"Instead of working on pokemon u should dedicate a few hours to researching how to handle this." - a girl who wouldn't shut her trapinch
#2The_Nega_ShadowPosted 7/20/2012 12:01:53 PM
Pokemon because they take a game meant for kids too seriously.
---
The official District Attorney of the Super Smash Bros Wii U board
http://backloggery.com/negashadow/sig.gif
#3FefnirOmega13Posted 7/27/2012 5:54:28 PM
ShinyBreloom posted...
I'll start

Homestuck because the fans are a bunch of idiots who don't cosplay their zodiac signs

oh god so much rage boiling to the surface

****ing homestuck and mspa- it corrupts all it touches and turns them into stupid apes. Cost me a hell of a lot of internet acquaintances, those two did. Rest assured, if they like homestuck, they have an IQ comparable to a medium-sized boulder, or a roller skate, or even an empty pepsi can. And they will try to get other people to enjoy it

I would offer the emerging MLP fandom as an alternative, as you get some fruitcakes there, but I suppose it depends on the person. There are those who can understand that people see it for what it is- a cartoon developed for children, predominantly girls, as it's about pastel coloured horses- and are turned off by it- after all, we all have our preferences. And then you have those that will relentlessly flame and abuse anyone who doesn't adore it or place it on a pedestal, who will engage in it and spread it around youtube or other places like some sort of demented herpes virus, ostracising those who dare think anything different about their pastel abominations. Do not get me wrong; there are some good and some really really horrible MLPers. A pity the bad ones seem to outnumber the good ones by about a factor of fifty to one. Certainly not as bad as homestuck, though it's very close to eclipsing it.

(As you can guess, I am not a fan, but I'm quite reserved about my hatred for it.)

I'm also kinda worried about the touhou fanbase, as that seems to be getting a bit of criticism; but still.

It seems like the average IQ is inversely proportionate to the size of the fanbase, really.
---
Fan of Bullet Hell. Cave and Touhou mostly. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, DoDonPachi Resurrection, FE8
#4The_Nega_ShadowPosted 7/28/2012 10:54:42 AM
****ing homestuck and mspa- it corrupts all it touches and turns them into stupid apes. Cost me a hell of a lot of internet acquaintances, those two did. Rest assured, if they like homestuck, they have an IQ comparable to a medium-sized boulder, or a roller skate, or even an empty pepsi can. And they will try to get other people to enjoy it

A rule of thumb is that if someone hates a series enough that they will stop being friends with someone because they like it, they're most likely worse than the fans of said series. For example, someone made a video a while back talking about how Homestuck sucks and they have lost friends because of it. That person was a huge(literally) furry.
---
The official District Attorney of the Super Smash Bros Wii U board
http://backloggery.com/negashadow/sig.gif
#5Lux_VitaePosted 7/28/2012 7:26:25 PM
Don't know about homestuck but I feel ya on MLP. There are some who treat it like a show, and then there are the ones that shove it down others throats. Seeing people who do crap like that make me ashamed to say I like the show.
#6craelonPosted 7/30/2012 9:20:22 AM
Devil May Cry

"OMG, his hair is different! INSTANT FAIL! NO-BUY! EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTS THIS GAME SUPPORTS SATAN, CLUBBING BABY SEALS, ROMNEY, AND NORTH KOREA!"

Before they even saw one screenshot of actual gameplay they had already declared the game the biggest fail since Superman 64. Sad, sad little creatures, and they have my pity.
---
I declare this post a VICTORY ( ^-^ )v
#7ZX_LucianPosted 7/30/2012 12:40:35 PM
I like MLP.

I like Homestuck.

Deal with it, a******s.
---
...But can he/she/it/they see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000300-pokemon-emerald-social/63185497 Pokemon CYOA!
#8FefnirOmega13Posted 7/31/2012 2:49:09 PM
ZX_Lucian posted...
I like MLP.

I like Homestuck.

Deal with it, a******s.

Exhibit 1: How not to disprove that your fanbase is horrible

Thank you for simultaneously proving both our theories at once.
---
Fan of Bullet Hell. Cave and Touhou mostly. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, DoDonPachi Resurrection, FE8
#9platinumkiwiPosted 7/31/2012 6:17:45 PM
The MLP:FiM fanbase is probably one of the worst I've ever witnessed.

Started out innocently enough. A couple of people on 4chan ironically calling FiM a good cartoon. Then all hell broke loose and people started to get serious about it. Really serious.

I mean, they've only been around about 2 1/2 years and in that little amount of time they've made complete fools out of themselves in literally every possible way and become worse than the Sonic and furry fanbases. I am constantly seeing fans of the show shamelessly inserting their pony religion in every possible aspect of their and others lives. No, I am not going out of my way to look for these things, why in the world would I? Somehow, someway, they come to me, no matter how much I try to avoid them.

Any time you say something bad about the show, they have to get overly-defensive and go on about how the show apparently has "three-dimensional characters", "a good story", "amazing animation", "totally NOT just for little girls", and how Lauren Faust is apparently God and everything she touches (or ever has touched) turns to pure, jewel encrusted, gold. If you say you don't like the show for legitimate reasons they tell you "Oh you must not have seen THIS episode!" or "You must've only watched the first two episodes, those ones suck!" If the show is so damn perfect, why isn't every episode of it absolutely amazing like so many claim?

Not to mention the special title they give themselves ("Brony" god I hate using that word), using words and phrases from the show all the time (20% cooler, everypony), that "Love and tolerate" passive-aggressive crap, pony fleshlights, pony sex plushies, the Pizza Hut and McDonald incidents, island buying, awful cosplays and cons, an entire documentary about the fanbase (because they're soooo misunderstood! Boo hooo! ;___;), their terrible Fallout mod (which is getting a guide printed and sold. cant wait for Bethesda to sue their asses.), someone giving their newborn baby a pony name, TONS AND TONS of Rule 34, and so, so much more (one time i walked in on the pony thread here on GameFAQs and they were seriously discussing lesbian ponies). Every time someone points out the flaws of the fanbase they have to say "THEY'RE THE MINORITY, THERE ARE MORE GOOD FANS THAN BAD!" If they're in the minority then why can I go to pretty much any pony discussion thread/video on Youtube/whatever on the Internet and find dozens of examples of the typical pony fan? Yes, there are good pony fans. I've seen them. They treat the show with respect and they treat others with differing opinions on the subject with respect as well. They are the minority, however.

I just.... ugh. It is a truly, truly awful fanbase and anyone who thinks otherwise is only fooling themselves.
---
no
#10Omega_BlackPosted 8/5/2012 1:37:34 AM
The_Nega_Shadow posted...
Pokemon because they take a game meant for kids too seriously.

Well, in defense of those fans (*chortles*) the developers have introduced increasingly complex aspects into the series over the years.

Hidden statistics, Pokemon tiers, complex strategies, and moves, abilities, and move sets. Depending on one's devotion, it can become a very involving game with high replay, social and competitive value. Whether that devotion results in positive or negative interactions, well...that's up to the individual.

Long story short, Pokemon flagship titles are increasingly deeper affairs with each generation but the complexity is solely dependent on the individual's dedication and usually their age. Kids will likely play for the cute critters, the journey, and the social aspect. Adult fans will likely play for the breeding, raising, and competitive scene involving the choice Pokes.

Sonic is about as deep as a puddle of water yet there are fans who pick out the most minor of aspects and blow them up to monstrously irrational proportions.

And no, I'm not talking about a Sonic that controls properly or levels that are decidedly linear and automated in nature.
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168