Teaser Trailer Thoughts.

#11SonicHogWiz91Posted 12/31/2011 5:53:48 PM
I already bought a wii points card to download ep 2 and now i found out that its not coming to the wii. Its because of the wiiware file space isn't big enough. how can that be? Can someone explain this?
---
Looking forward to: Sonic 4: Ep: 2, GTA: V (possibly if on Wii U,) AND the next Driver (only if they have on-foot.)
#12Ben ReillyPosted 12/31/2011 7:21:16 PM
SonicHogWiz91 posted...
I already bought a wii points card to download ep 2 and now i found out that its not coming to the wii. Its because of the wiiware file space isn't big enough. how can that be? Can someone explain this?

It's the same reason why countless other games have gotten canceled or never came to wii. It's the same reason why Microsoft was forced to increase the XBLA file limit not one, not two, but three times.

Downloadable games aren't getting smaller, they are getting bigger becoming better a value.

And the fact that Nintendo was incredibly shortsighted in there planning has put the wii at a disadvantage.

Less than 512mb with a 50mb limit was NEVER going to be enough. Especially when they originally didn't have SDcard support at all, and was only able add it in a half assed crippled form. Which is why the limit still exist, because the wii can't run anything from the SD and it must be copied over to the 512 on board flash.
---
Lebatard: "So what more could Derrick Rose actually have done to make you acknowledge that he had a bad game? Urinate on himself?"
#13SonicHogWiz91Posted 1/1/2012 11:34:42 AM
Ben Reilly
Posted 12/31/2011 9:21:16 PM

And the fact that Nintendo was incredibly shortsighted in there planning has put the wii at a disadvantage.

Less than 512mb with a 50mb limit was NEVER going to be enough. Especially when they originally didn't have SDcard support at all, and was only able add it in a half assed crippled form. Which is why the limit still exist, because the wii can't run anything from the SD and it must be copied over to the 512 on board flash.

How much file space does the Wii have? In the previous post you wrote, you said that smartphones have bigger space than 50mb. How big was episode 1? Can't nintendo make their space bigger? Because it's not fair that we had ep 1 and not 2 We shouldn't of have had ep 1 if we wouldn't have gotten 2.

Do you think that they will have episode 2 and 3 on the Wii U?
---
Looking forward to: Sonic 4: Ep: 2, GTA: V (possibly if on Wii U,) AND the next Driver (only if they have on-foot.)
#14Ben ReillyPosted 1/4/2012 6:00:02 AM
SonicHogWiz91 posted...

How much file space does the Wii have?

The Wii has 512MB of storage space. Nothing more and actually it's less than that, because:

1. Because of the way Memory is calculated, manufactures round up. So it's really only 477mb. Then that 477mb is used for game saves as well as VC/WW games, you really only start with about 400mb.

Which is a joke

In the previous post you wrote, you said that smartphones have bigger space than 50mb.

Smart phones have no size limitations, most have access to at the very least 2GBs of memory so I've seen apps that when downloaded are over 100MB.

How big was episode 1?

I haven't checked myself, but because of the limit we know it was under 50mb. I'm guess I was probably about 40-45mb on Wii.

Can't nintendo make their space bigger?

No because of the shortsightedness in the Wii's design. I don't know if you remember this, but original you couldn't even play games off the SD Card. Fanboys defended this, but the fact remained the Wii was the only piece of technology in the world that used SD Cards, and used them WRONG. Nothing else forces you to move content to the main memory before using it.

Imagine a digital camera that has 512mb of storage and an SD Card slot. You take 20 pictures filling up your main memory. Then instead of the system automatically allowing you to continue to take pictures based of the SD Card, you have to move all your pictures to the SD Card, delete your main memory, then you can take pictures again. But if you want to view a picture from the original set. You have to again, move pictures from your main memory, delete them, then copy the ones you want back over from the SD Card.

That would be idiotic right? Well that's how the well worked until it's update. And it basically still works like that, it's just little smother. Because games still have to be copied over from the SD Card to the main memory before playing. So you allows have to have the free space avaliable for a game, because the Wii quickly copies it from the SD now for playing.

Because it's not fair that we had ep 1 and not 2 We shouldn't of have had ep 1 if we wouldn't have gotten 2.

Well life isn't fair

Do you think that they will have episode 2 and 3 on the Wii U?

It's possible, but who knows when it would happen. I'm basing this on how long it took Sega to release Sonic 1 and 2 on PSN after being on 360 for years.
---
Lebatard: "So what more could Derrick Rose actually have done to make you acknowledge that he had a bad game? Urinate on himself?"