Just picked this game up off of Steam

#1Jet082Posted 5/11/2011 8:46:39 AM
It's quite fun. I tried out the demo and was instantly hooked.

It's a clever concept, and it reminds me a bit of programming (that could just be my background talking, though).
---
The programming Buddhist. Need help with some coding? Ask away. Proficient in C++ and Java.
#2BunnetPosted 5/14/2011 2:00:06 PM
I'm a prorammer too, i agree it's a lot like programming, especially when it shows you how you compared with others, makes you want to optimize it or get less symbols(similar to playing code golf).
---
*THIS SIG INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK*
#3FoolsFollyPosted 5/15/2011 6:52:49 PM
Much as I hate pointless bumps...this board is way too dead.
Bought SpaceChem. Loving it more than any other puzzler I've played in a very long time. I agree, optimizing cycles and symbols is practically addictive. Every map I finish, I spend an hour figuring out a more efficient way to get the same results, then another hour optimizing that. So many hours of fun~
---
Proud Hikikomori. It's not a mental disorder, it's a lifestyle choice.
#4Jet082(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2011 10:45:34 AM
I think the board is dead because the reddit topic exists. Although even that is rather slow.

More people just need to be told about this game
---
The programming Buddhist. Need help with some coding? Ask away. Proficient in C++ and Java.
#5lordcthuluPosted 5/27/2011 1:48:51 PM
If you haven't played it yet, the developer also made the Flash game Codex of Alchemical Engineering, which has similar game play in many respects.