Level time

#1ItsaMeMarioooPosted 10/6/2011 11:55:34 PM
Where are you in the game, and how long does it take you approximately to complete a level?

I am on the 4th out of 9 planets, and it takes me like 3 hours to complete a level O_o
---
Currently Playing: Team Fortress 2, Runespell: Overture, Portal 1/2, other Steam games
In Great Anticipation For: Skyward Sword, Pikmin 3, Scrolls, SSB Wii U
#2Glitch_The3rdPosted 10/10/2011 6:32:07 AM
I've just been looking up the solutions on Youtube. I'm a college student so I really don't have time to spend 3 hours on a single solution, and besides, the game has nothing more to teach me about real chemistry anyway.

And yes, the last few levels are really hard. Eventually your pipelines and reactors will be preset, and you'll have to figure out the proper way to configure the reactors themselves. You also have to create complex hydrocarbons using unknown elements.
---
"This isn't GameFAQs, no need to get anal over a typo. Besides, you misspelled contribute yourself hypocrite." -Glaceon, /vp/
See quote for PC specs
#3kschang77Posted 10/12/2011 12:34:21 AM
The game is NOT meant to teach you about chemistry, but rather, cleverly use real molecules and atoms and bonds as part of the puzzle.

Levels are meant to be hard, VERY hard, and requires a LOT of lateral thinking. There is almost always a better solution.
#4AladrinPosted 10/12/2011 4:00:50 AM
Steam tells me I've spent 20 hours and I'm on the second to last planet. Steam lies through its teeth. It's gotta be at least 3 times that much.

Spending hours on a puzzle isn't that uncommon. By the midpoint of the game, that was the norm for me. And it gets worse.
---
It better than next-gen, but not quite current. - Lord XIII
Why didnt my parents wear protection that night? WHYYYYYYYY??? - Dan :-(
#5MrSoliPosted 10/12/2011 3:15:48 PM(edited)
It's taken me just about all day to figure out a solution for 'Nothing Works' I believe it's called, towards the end of the 3rd planet, only to find out that the solution I come up with doesn't even work cause my pipes get backed up after so many cycles, somehow I have to be quicker about it.
---
Indie game board: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/293-indie-gaming
#6BashyMcFetusPosted 10/12/2011 11:22:09 PM
According to spacechem.net, I have around 100 levels solved, and I've spent about 100 hours on the game, so I average about one hour per level.
---
By Evolution, I mean Evolution. As in "I look different from my parents because of evolution" ~OrangeWizard
#7Sonic CannonPosted 11/4/2011 7:40:25 PM
This game is mad difficult. After like the second planet I basically just game up. I don't get enough satisfaction from the game to spend upwards of an hour on each level.
---
Keep it green.
http://i37.tinypic.com/2s9x55l.png
#8VinceL(Admin)Posted 12/5/2011 5:32:01 PM
I've just given up entirely
#9ReverieDLMPosted 12/16/2011 12:06:53 PM
I'm on the last two levels of the 5th planet (the first one with Fusion).

As someone who spent hours and hours in Minecraft making redstone circuits fast and small, I'm almost certain that this game was made specifically for me.

I'd say it probably takes me 1-2 hours to solve something, but then I usually end up spending a couple more hours trying alternate solutions or tweaking. I generally aim to be among the pack for time but using fewer reactors/symbols than average (although for some, like 2-reactor In-Place Swap), it's just not possible due to pipeline inefficiencies.
#10Kokuei05Posted 12/30/2011 12:50:14 PM
This **** is ridiculous.
---
RP-HTF600-S - Overhyped?