I don't understand "Magic" at all. Just downloaded the game, no prior experience

#1MynameisDirtDogPosted 7/14/2011 7:59:36 PM
I'm totally confused and overwhelmed. I played the tutorial, but then the first fight in campaign killed me. I lost like 6 times in a row. I just don't get it.
---
Not changing sig until Luke Schenn is named captain of the Toronto Maple Leafs
Started: 10/11/2010
#2styles10456Posted 7/14/2011 8:01:04 PM
Keep trying.. its the hardest one besides the last one.. try the light deck..
---
For every dark night, there's a brighter day - Tupac
#3MynameisDirtDog(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2011 8:11:19 PM
Don't even have it yet.. I only have the option for red or green. Currently rolling red.
---
#4anonymous46773Posted 7/14/2011 8:26:39 PM
I forget, is the red deck you start out with Strength of Stone? A lot of people don't like that deck, so you might want to use Apex Predators.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#5HNETNarutoPosted 7/14/2011 10:02:26 PM
What you don't get about this game?

One thing that may help in the campaign mode is getting a good hand and if it's not a good, mulligan and if it's still not good, just restart. Don't try to win with an unmanageable hand.

Knowing what the strength and the weakness of yours and your opponent deck also helps at planning ahead. At the beginning when you try to figure out the quirks of this game it's more about getting the timing of when to use each card and when to attack/block and so on. Eventually you should get your first win.

Lower the difficult level, so you get some time to get used to what the AI will throw at you.
---
PSN: AlecPyron
#6MynameisDirtDog(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2011 7:25:53 AM
HNETNaruto posted...
What you don't get about this game?

One thing that may help in the campaign mode is getting a good hand and if it's not a good, mulligan and if it's still not good, just restart. Don't try to win with an unmanageable hand.

Knowing what the strength and the weakness of yours and your opponent deck also helps at planning ahead. At the beginning when you try to figure out the quirks of this game it's more about getting the timing of when to use each card and when to attack/block and so on. Eventually you should get your first win.

Lower the difficult level, so you get some time to get used to what the AI will throw at you.

"I don't understand "Magic" at all. Just downloaded the game, no prior experience" ......with the game at all. Not just the video game. Obviously I don't know strengths or weaknesses of my own deck, let alone anyone else's.
---
#7anonymous46773Posted 7/15/2011 7:50:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktZNqMxfywI&feature=mh_lolz&list=FL1aCxp9Mm10Q

It's really old, but it teaches how to play pretty well. I like this one more than other tutorials because it's actually entertaining to watch. I found this last night and nostalgia'd all over the place. This is only part one. Part 2 and 3 are in the video description. Hope this helps :D
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#8styles10456Posted 7/15/2011 10:27:44 PM
I could have sworn that you started of with the Light and Green/forest deck..
---
For every dark night, there's a brighter day - Tupac
#9b_tothe_obbyPosted 7/16/2011 4:24:22 AM
styles10456 posted...
I could have sworn that you started of with the Light and Green/forest deck..

You do. The TC might have bought the old version on accident. The last ones starting decks were green and red.
---
PSN: B_tothe_obby
#10GrandLethal14Posted 7/16/2011 10:38:23 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]