Master of Illusions Challenge

#1ciderbrewPosted 6/15/2011 2:17:58 PM
So I've tried many solutions but Jace seems to always beat me (even when he is incapable of damaging me). Is there some unwritten limit to turns in challenges or what? This is really pissing me off. I could easily win if my freaking confiscate would counter Jace's. I'm able to cast it, but it just sits on the stack and the creature is NOT in my control, contrary to what the confiscate card says it should do. HELP please!
#2KaylilaPosted 6/15/2011 2:24:25 PM
Not sure if you want a Full answer on how to beat it so I will give you a hint.

**Spoiler/Answer/Hint**

You need to Roil his Mind control and then find a way to beef up your Mist guy to kill him that turn. Having two turns in a row really is effective.
---
I need l337 gear for Borderlands! GT: Kaylila
#3ciderbrew(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2011 2:31:46 PM
Thanks, that did it. I was trying to confiscate the creature, when I should of roiled the Mind Control....
#4sonnymoonshinePosted 6/15/2011 2:41:40 PM(edited)
I did it like this...

First turn:
-Roil the Mist to my hand
-mist and the preordain, toss the cards
-draw the summoner's bane
-play time warp

Second turn:
- play the 3 bears
-play dreamborn muse
-counter my own muse with summoner's bane
-attack for 5
---
NOW I CAN SEE THE WHALES!!!!!!
#5bladedaxePosted 6/15/2011 8:00:53 PM
How exactly did you counter your muse's ability if you couldn't play it the turn before? I followed exactly as you stated till it reached that part, cause the Muse's ability triggers at the start of the turn meaning you wouldn't be able to counter it unless it was on there to begin with.
---
You get the option to skip the tutorial stuff, so you'll start right at the balls. - Jabodie
#6The DeadpoolPosted 6/15/2011 8:21:49 PM
Counter the CREATURE before it comes into play. Summoner's Bane puts a 2/2 Illusion into play when it counters a creature spell, thus giving you another +1/+1
---
Being single is a balance between loneliness and happiness. You're lonely right before going to sleep and happy the rest of the day...
#7xxxBadKittenxxxPosted 6/17/2011 12:50:46 PM
Ok here is the real way guys...
1st. Preordain & discard both cards
2nd. Into the roll the Mind Control ( NO KICKER) on your Krovikan Mist
3rd. Play 2 Phantasmal Bears
4th. Play your Time Warp ( make sure to select yourself)
5th. Now it is your second turn, play your
6th. Play you last Phantasmal Bear
7th. Play you Dreamborn Muse & hit X immediately after
8th. Then while paused counter your own creature spell with your Summoner's Bane
9th. Now that your Krovikan Mist is shinny new 5/5 attack with no opposition to win this challenge!

I'm not sure why so many people put misinformation on here, but I promise this answer won't waste your time. Power to the players! =)
#8gweebPosted 6/17/2011 4:17:16 PM
^^ I did it another way.
---
"I like my chip on my shoulder, I think I'm going to keep it." Cedric Benson
#9gweebPosted 6/17/2011 4:21:23 PM
I'll have to redo it to refresh my memory though. It was easier than the way you guys are describing it.
---
"I like my chip on my shoulder, I think I'm going to keep it." Cedric Benson
#10ZOMG_WTF_BBQPosted 6/17/2011 4:55:37 PM
Ok here is the real way guys...
1st. Preordain & discard both cards
2nd. Into the roll the Mind Control ( NO KICKER) on your Krovikan Mist
3rd. Play 2 Phantasmal Bears
4th. Play your Time Warp ( make sure to select yourself)
5th. Now it is your second turn, play your
6th. Play you last Phantasmal Bear
7th. Play you Dreamborn Muse & hit X immediately after
8th. Then while paused counter your own creature spell with your Summoner's Bane
9th. Now that your Krovikan Mist is shinny new 5/5 attack with no opposition to win this challenge!

One problem with that.. You need to play the mist the FIRST turn otherwise its sick.
---
True, it was noble of that animal to hurl itself into the path of that final torpedo.