Single Player Leaderboard

#1BlackBarnyPosted 6/20/2011 11:59:40 AM
Does anyone know what makes up the points you earn for the Single Player Campaign leaderboard? Is it just the difficulty you play on? Do you have to defeat each planeswalker on each difficulty? Does the timing of the match or life left matter at all?

I can't figure out how the scoring works.
#2solosnakePosted 6/20/2011 5:04:16 PM
Bump, I can't figure it out either. I dont think its the difficulty, because I beat an opponent on bronze, then beat him again on gold and my points didnt change at all. Would be nice to know how it works.
---
"Even if a pawn becomes a queen, it's still just a playing piece."
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8953172273825999151
#3BlackBarny(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2011 5:16:49 AM
solo, I was playing around with it last night and I think it's the difficulty. I had beat everything on Mage (bronze) with one archenemy multiplayer (gold). So for fun i beefed up the difficulty to Archmage and beat the first guy to get a silver. This bumped my leaderboard by 10 points. Then I beat the same guy again on Planeswalker difficulty (giving me the gold) this further bumped up my leaderboard score by 15.

So for sure difficulty is a part of it. It might be the ONLY part or there could be others.

I'll try beating each enemy on Planeswalker and see if that gives me maximum score. If it doesn't, then I obviously am missing a piece of the puzzle.
#4semoguyPosted 6/21/2011 8:28:13 AM
The higher difficultly gives a higher score on the leaderboard and I believe that the time it takes to win and the margin of victory add extra points as well...
#5Simple_ProblemPosted 6/21/2011 9:38:41 AM
I think the number of cards you unlock plays a large part too. After I finished unlocking all the cards for all the decks I was ranked 600 or so, and I wasn't playing on a high difficulty.
#6gamer14tsbPosted 6/21/2011 8:55:28 PM
I have figured out the score to as much accuracy as is need to get a general understanding.

Things that matter:
Difficulty
Win or Lose
# of games Won

Things that that don't matter:
Your Life total The enemy's life total
Speed of Duel
Number of Creatures Played
Deck
Restarts
Concedes
Who you Duel

So to put that in a more understandable way, you get more points for playing on higher difficulty. As long as Lose doesn't come up on the screen and your sent back to main menus you wont lose score so if you are in danger of losing you can restart or concede at no cost. The more you play the less score you will get per game (this does count games won on planeswalker towards lower difficulties but i dont know if its reversed). And most importantly: I doesn't matter who you duel as long as you win. Challenges count as duels. you can do Spider's Web on Plainswalker (its the same thing on all difficulties)in about a minute and a half and it will count equally to your score as winning against Kran on Plainswalker. So in the end the Single Player leader boards do not accurate represent a players skill but their ability to manipulate the system. Using this method i went from a score of 1787 to 2314 over the course of 2-3 hours while doing other things on my computer putting me at 347 as of my last look. I haven't even beat anyone except Koth on plainswalker difficulty yet (I intend to but got distracted trying research an answer to this question). I'm still new to magic played maybe 8 games of magic before buying this game 3 days or so ago so I know that this rank is Unfitting of my poor skill and just did this for research and to reveal this exploit so that it can be fixed and wouldn't mind having my score reset (i think it might start around 1600 and go in either direction from there). Anyways, hope that answers this question we both had, although the answer negates purpose to the subject of the question...
#7BlackBarny(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2011 7:46:43 AM
thanks for the great answer! I had no idea challenges would be part of it and certainly not the difficulty setting IN a challenge. Weird!

I'll keep trying to beat everyone on planeswalker difficulty for the time being and I guess if I want to move up the leaderboards, I should redo the challenges on planeswalker? Man, that's so weak.
#8JStone25Posted 6/22/2011 2:04:10 PM

BlackBarny posted...
thanks for the great answer! I had no idea challenges would be part of it and certainly not the difficulty setting IN a challenge. Weird!

I'll keep trying to beat everyone on planeswalker difficulty for the time being and I guess if I want to move up the leaderboards, I should redo the challenges on planeswalker? Man, that's so weak.

No kidding, ive been playing garruk wildspeaker on the hadest difficulty over and over to raise my rank, when i heard that i laughed pretty hard.

#9MasterOGAPosted 6/22/2011 3:43:14 PM
I'm pretty sure wins don't matter, I conceeded a game right away to check my score...it stayed the same. I beat all challenges, I beat all 3 campaign modes with them all on Planeswalker, and I'm only ranked 2531.

Since the top people all have the exact same score, I'm assuming maximum score is complete all challenges, beat every single opponent on planeswalker difficutly, and unlock all the cards. So I assume once I unlock more cards, I'll go up higher in ranking...and eventually reach maximum rank.
---
How many nerd points do you have?