Welcome to the Pit

#1GodlikeTempusPosted 6/15/2011 1:58:59 PM
Really frosts my cookies. It's the only challenge thus far.. or anything at all in the game.. that I've had trouble with.
#2The FloodPosted 6/15/2011 2:26:36 PM
I guess you didn't technically ask for help. So ignore the solution below if you're just blowing off steam.

Block his 9/9 colossus with one of your bloodthrone vampires. Block everything else, matchups don't matter. The moment you finalize your blockers by pressing Y, pause the timer and sacrifice every creature you have to the bloodthrone vampire blocking the colossus. Everything you have dies and you take no damage. Your artifact will win the game when your turn starts.
---
Okay, so I'm not a.. uh... good... word.. guy...
#3Snow_Crash_Posted 6/15/2011 3:38:00 PM
If you don't want the solution, here's a tip: A creature that was blocked remains blocked, no matter what happens to the blocker, UNLESS the creature being blocked has Trample. So you can sacrifice a blocker and the blocked creature still won't deal any damage as long as it doesn't have Trample.

How anyone who isn't deeply familiar with the MtG rules is supposed to figure this one out is beyond me, as this mechanic isn't explained anywhere in the game as far as I can tell.
---
"There is not enough faith in the world to make people love each other - only enough to make them hate each other." Louis Cypher
#4KaylilaPosted 6/15/2011 3:44:05 PM
Dancing Fool posted...
If you don't want the solution, here's a tip: A creature that was blocked remains blocked, no matter what happens to the blocker, UNLESS the creature being blocked has Trample. So you can sacrifice a blocker and the blocked creature still won't deal any damage as long as it doesn't have Trample.

How anyone who isn't deeply familiar with the MtG rules is supposed to figure this one out is beyond me, as this mechanic isn't explained anywhere in the game as far as I can tell.

Yeah luckily I learned this in the previous game from trying to Burn creatures after they declare as a blocker so my guys could do more damage. It doesn't work and as soon as I say this challenge I knew it had something to do with that rule.

Question: Why is there not a glossary in this game like there was in the first... Especcially because they introduce so many new words/abilities and I have no way of knowing what they will do until I use them or they are used on me.

What does it mean if a creature can not be Hexed?
---
I need l337 gear for Borderlands! GT: Kaylila
#5Snow_Crash_Posted 6/15/2011 3:55:33 PM(edited)
If you're talking about the "Hexproof" abililty, it's just a shorter way of saying "Can't be the target of spells or abilities your opponents control".

Also, you can press RB when zooming in on a card to get an explanation on its abilities.
---
"There is not enough faith in the world to make people love each other - only enough to make them hate each other." Louis Cypher
#6ArchiasPosted 6/15/2011 6:44:25 PM

Wow.

Glad I looked this up. Would have never thought that destroying a blocking creature before it blocks will still block the attacker. It even shifts the red arrow back to the player portrait when you sacrifice the blocker.

#7Duke AriochPosted 6/16/2011 9:45:04 AM
I'm having the same problem, even after assigning blockers and hitting y, if i sacrifice they retarget me. Tried it many times with different timing, nothing working.
---
"Blood and souls for my Lord Arioch!" - Elric of Melnibone
#8Duke AriochPosted 6/16/2011 9:47:56 AM
Archias posted...
Wow.Glad I looked this up. Would have never thought that destroying a blocking creature before it blocks will still block the attacker. It even shifts the red arrow back to the player portrait when you sacrifice the blocker.

Sorry for double post

OK, i've been restarting the whole time cause i thought it didn't work, just noticed that red arrow does target you again, but no damage is dealt.

Could have solved this a while back if i let it play out lol.
---
"Blood and souls for my Lord Arioch!" - Elric of Melnibone
#9zetseuiPosted 6/18/2011 10:15:38 AM
I know this is how its supposed to be done but it doesn't work for me. I put in the defenders but when I sacrifice any of them the attacker goes back to the player instead of staying on the creature.
#10ImbackhahahahaPosted 6/18/2011 10:19:19 AM
zetseui posted...
I know this is how its supposed to be done but it doesn't work for me. I put in the defenders but when I sacrifice any of them the attacker goes back to the player instead of staying on the creature.

It will do that, it won't deal any damage though
---
A_dsouz "How do i know if, say, +4 is significant or not compared to +6."
digitalwill2000 "6 is bigger than 4"