Just installed

#1pecofan999Posted 4/2/2012 11:28:32 AM
Just installed it on recommendation from a friend who knows I played quite a bit of the Halo games. What should I expect as I play a ton these next few days? Any basic tips for a noob (assuming this isn't my first fps)?
#2Ikpa_VatryxPosted 4/2/2012 1:04:54 PM
You need to aim ahead of enemies to hit them.
Generators aren't that important.
Don't grab the flag if you are going slower than 150.
Play the skiing tutorial to understand the main trick of the game.
Sentinel isn't uderpowered.
---
Knowledge is power.
#3AntiHero832Posted 4/2/2012 2:05:08 PM
Don't grab the flag if you are going slower than 200

fixed

Unless its an E-grab.
---
How does Vader go to the bathroom? He doesn't, he's Darth Vader. The bathroom goes to him ~ DarkJoker III
#4pecofan999(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2012 2:25:50 PM
Alright, thanks! I did all the tuturials and a few matches already. This game is ridiculously fast paced!
#5zxxStasiSxxzPosted 4/2/2012 6:36:22 PM
pecofan999 posted...
Alright, thanks! I did all the tuturials and a few matches already. This game is ridiculously fast paced!

Hey what's your name, I'd like to hop in and play, if I'm not being too assertive.
#6VeiledGenesisPosted 4/3/2012 4:24:51 AM
Ikpa_Vatryx posted...
You need to aim ahead of enemies to hit them.

Except for hit-scan weapons.

Generators aren't that important.

I disagree.

-Base turrets are great for harassing incoming mediums and heavies.

-The radar is nice or pointing out all the enemy targets inside your base that aren't jamming the signal or cloaked.

-No equipment will work without the generator being up and running, putting your entire team at a major disadvantage.

Don't grab the flag if you are going slower than 150.

Unless you e-grab or can llama and get away with it. But otherwise I agree, though a good capper will be exceeding this speed.

Play the skiing tutorial to understand the main trick of the game.

I felt the skiing tutorial was pretty bad. It really didn't teach you anything, and being new to the series, I had to just play live matches before I understood how it really worked. Watching some YouTube videos that discussed it in far better detail helped a LOT as well. I recommend doing that.

Sentinel isn't uderpowered.

Agreed.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.