What class is best at tearing up the enemy's defenses around the flag base?

#11Hugh ManateePosted 8/30/2012 1:15:18 PM
I'm just saying, don't underestimate a jug in a duel, whatever it's loadout...

I personally love the X1, t was the first big ticket thing I unlocked after the mines and super heavy for the DMB. I call it Vera(no really, that's what I named my jug's loadout slot). It's utility is just unmatched in the field compared to the MX, especially since you have discs just as strong in your belt, and not just in duels(though it's a strong anti-air gun to compliment the huge ground pounding bombs and belt stuff). I can't tell you how many times I used to stop caps with the X1. I'm usually in the hostile side of the map wrecking stuff, so if our flag gets taken it's a quick hop, skip and a jump to get between the capper and the flagstand with the X1 and gun him down out of the sky with a stream of green deathboogers. The LD won't be able to gun me down fast enough before i get the kill and waddle to the flg for a return. Can't really do that kind of thing with the MX. It does have a little spread to it, but most of the boogers go where you want them to. Also, it's a bit more challenging, but I've figured out how to impulse myself with the mortars, so I don't really miss the mobility boost of the discs. You bounce it off the ground to a place you'll be just ahead of in 3 seconds, then BOOSH, off you go flying. It's good for getting off your spawn fast.
---
______________________OMNISLASHES next user!!!
\________________o_o__|====<(`..*)>
#12JonWood007Posted 8/30/2012 2:15:11 PM
I'd just wait until you get a tac/orb strike and just bomb the crap out of them....then go for the flag. I find soldier/brutes/juggernauts to be good at taking out cannons...you can snipe stationary targets with spinfusors. Juggernaut is good at mortaring, but you need to be rather skilled with it...not to mention as soon as mortars go up i normally have multiple team members coming my way to stop me...and i dont find it to be a good outdoors combat class (low energy/high weight and default weapons are both explosive).
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 5850 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768