Is Tribes Losing Players?

#1darkmaian23Posted 10/21/2012 4:36:43 PM
This board is basically dead and I've been seeing matches with less and less people. Am I just playing at the wrong times of day?
#2pyrotech1588Posted 10/22/2012 12:51:38 AM
yes T:A is pretty much dead in the water. It's a turtle fest now. they put in a speed cap for people holding the flag and buffed the heavy classes and TCN
---
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/7813/gfaqsck7.jpg
#3Anubis_DracPosted 10/22/2012 7:29:33 PM(edited)
Yeah, it's slowed right the **** down. I'm tempted to smurf on lower levels to see if there is a larger player base at the bottom ranks, but I doubt it. High ranks take a while to fill up games, and a lot of people are generally losing interest in the game. Even I've sort of left the game off and moved into more of a "play every week or so, or give a new patch a good chance for a few nights until I've seen everything it has to offer" mindset. Also there's a general sentiment that Hi-Rez has pretty much lost faith/abandoned effort in the game. It's not looking good.

There was/is a bit of official discussion on overhauling some things and fixing/changing matchmaking. If they'd offer some pseudo-competitive format for matchmaking...like, say, matches where players are required to limit themselves to a primary, secondary, and reserve class on join and there can only be one SEN per team at any given time, with no strikes allowed, I could see myself getting into the game seriously again, but meh...

EDIT:

Also, I don't know about others, but personally, it's been a pretty dead year gaming-wise until recently. Now I have too many games to know what the **** to do with, and hardly any time to spare for Ascend.
#4BlueGunstarHeroPosted 10/24/2012 12:53:19 PM
I've been kinda "meh" on the game since the marksman update. I still don't understand the purpose of introducing Flag Drag.
---
Latest: Top 10 Skeletons in Capcom's Closet
Right here on GameFAQs at http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/top10/2511.html
#5Anubis_DracPosted 10/24/2012 2:16:45 PM
I still don't understand the purpose of introducing Flag Drag.

There are a bunch of things that could be said about it, but part of it comes down to one of those "game-balancing decisions" that tries with very mixed results to address issues that are relatively limited in scope as far as how you play and what level you play at. The general gist I got from checking in on the community is that higher-level/competitive players got a bit tired of 300~400+ FCs bouncing all around the place, and how chasing was broken beyond repair. Flag drag was a particularly high-demand request after Hi-Rez made the wtfdecision to nerf nitrons.

Personally, I have mixed feelings about flag drag. I main JUG, and it sort of took a bit of the value/satisfaction of landing a mortar on a FC away since a flag-dragged FC has significantly less chance of pulling off the last-second acceleration they might need to dodge the damage. Also, as a heavy, the flag drag barely limits me- if anything, it makes things more easymode since I can impulse as much as I want without having to worry about losing control and crashing the rest of my health away.

Flag drag aside though, I thought that the marksman update did manage to make a few steps in the right direction, overlooking the "lol 4 SENs per team; enjoy your SLOW as **** matches" effect it seemed to have.
#6JonWood007Posted 11/2/2012 1:43:32 PM
I havent been playing as often not because I dont like the game, but I feel like something different. I haventn noticed the population dropping, but I have been being put in games with super high level players more often than I used to (I'm like rank 22 or so, and I often get put in games with 40+ers).
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 5850 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768
#7twinsfan19Posted 11/16/2012 2:44:27 PM
I wouldnt say losing players too rapidly, but it just has a small community now (probably < 1500 people playing at any given time). Its too bad because the game is pretty good...just too hard for most people...
---
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2, SC2, TF2
#8Icegoten200Posted 11/22/2012 10:06:19 AM
After their patch that changed the server browser I would say it's just ruined. Now quick match doesn't know what to put you in and everything is spread out. It'll either put you in All maps, Large maps, or small maps and depending on your level there are Level 1-50 rooms, level 10-50 rooms, and level 1-10 rooms each having the different maps rooms. So that's like 9 different servers it can put you in and that's just in one region. You have NAEast, NAWest, and every other one out there.

Sometimes it'll put you on the europe servers and when you finally get in a game chances are no one else will. I've been put in empty rooms doing quick match and no one else joined except maybe 1 or 2 other players.
---
Super Nintendo
#9BIadeBIadePosted 11/22/2012 10:34:12 PM
After their patch that changed the server browser I would say it's just ruined.

Yeah, I really hate the new quickmatch too.
---
Rift - Zantoma @ Threesprings <Transience> 11/11 Conq, 8/8
LoL - aljskdfasdf PSO2 JP - Rasmolov @ Ship 10
#10InfestedAdamPosted 12/20/2012 10:16:45 AM
So heavies got buffed? Maybe I need to take my Doombringer outta storage. How were they changed though? I never thought they were gimped in anyway for a heavy.
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"