Melee Rogue Build

#1Clouse-Posted 4/19/2011 8:09:55 PM

Well I can only found bow rogues builds... so I was asking any tip for melee rogues, best if they are doble handed, or it sux?

One thing I cant understand, what does it mean about the ambidextrous skill in level 5, it means I can use two two-haned swords?

#2melliott_Posted 4/19/2011 8:26:22 PM
Clouse- posted...
Well I can only found bow rogues builds... so I was asking any tip for melee rogues, best if they are doble handed, or it sux?One thing I cant understand, what does it mean about the ambidextrous skill in level 5, it means I can use two two-haned swords?

1. I've been playing a melee rogue since starting (that was also my first in the iPhone app), but I will admit it is slow-going. Keep a good bow as your secondary weapon...it'll make a lot of things a whole lot easier.
Talents that are appealing to melee rogues are mainly the same as those that are great for bow rogues:
1 point in Dash.
1 point in Roundhouse.
Capped Find Weakness, Expose Weakness, Thief Arsenal, Ambidextrous and Bloodlust.
Invest in Acrobat as you see fit...it's a lot more useful earlier on. You may want to cap it, at first, for the extra survivability, but once you get into the top-end gear, you can visit the respec merchant and dump it.
Poison Studs is similar to Acrobat. It's nice, but not really necessary at any point in the game.
Splash the rest of your points as you see fit with traps and attack skills. I highly recommend capping Lightning Attack, as well...the haste is nice either for just running through areas, or when you need that extra punch in a tough fight. Works especially well when you haste, attack, then Dash through groups when they start to cluster around you.
A lot of people suggest Large Pouch, but I've never really seen the need for it, myself. I manage to keep a pretty steady stock of potions, between shrines and purchasing from town (moreso the latter; I'm cheap with my gold!). I definitely went through a good handful of potions and found the difficulty curve to really not favour the melee build of the class, but it definitely gets better, later.

Level 5 of Ambidextrous means that you can then equip a ONE-handed weapon in each hand. Instead of being limited to daggers in your off-hand, with Ambidextrous 5, you'll be able to use daggers, maces, swords, and axes in your off-hand.
---
PSN: pravus_angelus
Live: pravus angelus