Can I use this acoustic-electric guitar with this game?

#1tonysparksPosted 1/4/2012 12:07:55 PM
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Kona-Thin-Body-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-Spruce-with-High-Gloss-Finish/10975362
---
Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They’re about to announce the lottery #s
#2Seekcro2010Posted 1/4/2012 2:27:34 PM
If it's got pickups and you can plug it in, it'll work.
---
Well, it didn't. The past didn't happen because it didn't merged yet.
-omniryu
#3theneotheonePosted 1/4/2012 3:47:35 PM
If your just staring guitar I would suggest buying an electric guitar. Playing chords clearly and bending strings is going to be tough for someone just starting on an acoustic.
---
Hg fc: 5114 2230 4370
#4__BaalPosted 1/4/2012 6:57:13 PM
not to mention that certain songs use up to the 22nd fret, I can't easily manipulate those frets on my electric let alone my acoustic.

The guitar will work though, but if youre starting off, go to a pawn shop and get a cheap beat up electric. No point getting a POS from Walmart....

J
#5__BaalPosted 1/4/2012 7:00:15 PM
I just actually looked at the link, if youre willing to spend that much money on something at Walmart, go to your local instrument shop and get a real guitar. I saw a basic Fender Squier today at a store up here for 120$ brand new. Youre throwing your money away at Walmart

J
#6RiteOfSpringPosted 1/4/2012 7:13:36 PM
theneotheone posted...
Playing chords clearly and bending strings is going to be tough for someone just starting on an acoustic.

true! But just think how he could fly once he got used to it on acoustic and then switched to electric! Although he would probably have ripped his hair out by then.
#7c0rr0s10nPosted 1/5/2012 7:41:42 AM
i can almost 100% guarantee that you will have problems with a cheap guitar and this game, being as how sensitive to intonation this game is. my old ibanez can not seem to hit perfect pitch on red notes more than 50% of the time.

yes, i have to get it tuned by a professional, but why do that when i can procrastinate now?
---
Dark Souls~ You will die, oh yes, you will. "Miscreants ahead..."
#8DarkStar643Posted 1/5/2012 8:04:04 AM
__Baal posted...
I just actually looked at the link, if youre willing to spend that much money on something at Walmart, go to your local instrument shop and get a real guitar. I saw a basic Fender Squier today at a store up here for 120$ brand new. Youre throwing your money away at Walmart

J

---
Listen to The Black Dahlia Murder.
Favorite game of all time: Earthbound