Display Lag Correction (Audio/Visual Troubleshooting)

#1chaosinwritingPosted 10/18/2011 11:16:32 AM
Howdy - so I've got about 8 hours into this game at the moment, and I'm troubled by something. I have a 50" plasma that I believe has a refresh rate of somewhere between 8-12ms at, I believe 120hz. I have the documentation if it is even necessary to look up.

So here's the deal. The game has the Display Lag Correction set at 50ms. However, playing the Chords technique challenge shows that there is a delay between what I am seeing and what the game registers. I bombed that challenge. Watching the replay, I saw the delay between the chords and the sounds I made. I set the DLC at 8ms, and I damn near broke the meter I scored so high. Great, right? Well, I start playing some Notes challenges, and although at 50ms there was no problem, NOW at 8ms I'm missing the points for those!

Wot's... Uh The Deal?
---
Dodongo dislikes smoke.
#2Cade6669Posted 10/18/2011 12:10:09 PM
Are you using a hdmi hook up? Try using your component cables.
---
XBL- SuperKing 61
PSN- KingCade
#3chaosinwriting(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2011 12:42:09 PM
I hooked it up, but I didn't bother playing the game. The decline in visual quality was too much. I will have to find another way of synchronizing the A/V.
---
Dodongo dislikes smoke.
#4ShageePosted 10/18/2011 12:48:12 PM
Component cables will give you the same visual quality as HDMI...it's composite cables that will only offer you 480i.
#5chaosinwriting(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2011 12:50:36 PM
Hm... well, for some reason, when I hook up the red, blue, and green, along with the audio red and white, it looks like ass. I'll give it another look later, but I just want to jam at the moment.
---
Dodongo dislikes smoke.
#6chaosinwriting(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2011 12:56:09 PM
What I'd really like to know is if the replay they show at the end of a song is exactly what I played... it sure doesn't seem like it. It's almost like my guitar audio is lagging behind the song audio during the replay, even though I know I didn't miss by THAT much.
---
Dodongo dislikes smoke.