Will the cord work on a computer?

#1wwervinPosted 10/23/2011 11:10:21 AM

I'm mainly asking as a Macbook Pro user for the sake of Garageband but I know there are many Windows based programs that record music as well.

Will the USB to guitar cord be able to hook up to my computer and recognize it and let me record anything I play? Or is it exclusively for the 360/PS3? It'd be great if someone who has it can try it out and let us know.

#2BillaferdPosted 10/23/2011 11:46:07 AM
If you plug it in it shows up as a USB Microphone and sounds really good. I used Windows Sound Recorder to record it and there was no noise at all. The cord works extremely well if you are using it for recording the guitar on computer. I really can't see why it wouldn't work on a Mac, as it is also HID compliant.
#3wwervin(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2011 12:47:17 PM
Wow I expected this to be a complete bust since I'm assuming it was designed with the video game system in mind but that's great that it picks up the guitar sound through the computer. Maybe I can compose a song or 2 after I get a little better. Thanks for the answer.
#4ImmolateusPosted 11/4/2011 6:17:13 PM
I tried the usb guitar cable on my mac within garage band...seems to work fine. I had to mess around with the adjustments before I figured it out but works ok.