(Double) Encore Songs

#1ffivaddictPosted 11/4/2011 4:48:41 AM
Out of the 6 that are supposed to unlock when you get an encore or a double encore, I only got 2 BUT I'm at rank 10. I've unlocked Space Ostrich and Jules at rank like 3 or 4 and nothing after that... What am I doing wrong? I even played a master event with decent scores but for some reasons I never get to play an encore... I have a 90k score on 2/3 of the songs in the game and consider myself an intermediate guitarist. What do you need to do score-wise to get an encore??!
#2nm15Posted 11/4/2011 5:53:23 AM

ffivaddict posted...
Out of the 6 that are supposed to unlock when you get an encore or a double encore, I only got 2 BUT I'm at rank 10. I've unlocked Space Ostrich and Jules at rank like 3 or 4 and nothing after that... What am I doing wrong? I even played a master event with decent scores but for some reasons I never get to play an encore... I have a 90k score on 2/3 of the songs in the game and consider myself an intermediate guitarist. What do you need to do score-wise to get an encore??!

I'm not sure I'm even following your question here? For me encore's are pretty automatic. I've only gotten one double encore, from the1st event. The 4th event Ihorrbilyslaughtered and still managed to get an encore. But what does the encores have to do with unlocking the guitarcade games? I think those unlock based on rank, or by doing a technique challange. I know Harmonic and Trem games unlock after doing the associated technique challange. The other day I got Super Ducks unlocked when I got to around 3 million points. I'm in the event with Outshined now,but I also spend a lot of time on single songs getting as many points as I can on each arrangement for the songs I've already played in previous sets. I'mnotjumping ahead on songs, if I haven't played the associated event yet.

Things seem to unlock 2 ways. Through a technique challange, gaining points/rank. Gear seems to unlock when you get 70,000 pts off the associated song. But I really haven't paid close attention to how things unlock, and just enjoy myselfplaying this game since it's given me a renewed interest in guitar.

#3ffivaddict(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2011 5:58:25 AM
I'm talking about these songs:

Brian Adam McCune – “Ricochet”
Chris Lee “Boss”
Disonaur – “Space Ostridge”
Seth Chapla – “Jules”
Seth Chapla – “The Star Spangled Banner”
VsThem – “6AM Salvation”

How do you unlock them all?
#4Modu2k4Posted 11/4/2011 8:00:06 AM
So far it seems random to me. As in it unlocks whenever it decides "hey, let's unlock a song!"
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#5KeryAdamsPosted 11/4/2011 8:14:11 AM
I think you have to get the double encore at a specific event, that is, in a specific venue. I don't know if you can change the venue in the event manager, but give it a shot. If not, just keep playing events and it should cycle through all the venues again. Now that you've leveled up the songs, you should be posting higher scores, so getting the encores should be easier.
#6ffivaddict(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2011 8:46:45 AM
I like that theory! Ok then I'll just continue playing events and see what happens
#7adamarkxPosted 11/4/2011 3:06:56 PM
I've been able to unlock all the songs.

What I did was I changed the songs in the events to the ones I could play best. (Next Girl, Go with the flow, I can't hear you, in bloom)

If you play them really well during the event, then the encore plays.

However, the encore song is kind of random, so only if you play really well on the encore, do you get a double encore.

I just kept on repeating this, until I got all 6 bonus songs.