alright, so I have a problem

#1AllstarSniper32Posted 12/17/2011 10:04:33 AM
I start up rocksmith and I select a song, when the loading screen is up and you can play the guitar and hear it through your speakers, there is no sound. The song finishes loading and a message pops up that tells me that "a cable is disconnected, make sure the rocksmith tone cable is correctly plugged in."

I only have access to two second hand kinda not very good Ibanez guitars. I feel like the connection problem is with these two guitars but my father has a fender starcaster that I will have him bring over to test that one out as well.

I am curious if anyone else has had this problem though, and if it's just a problem that may need a patch update for or something. If that is the case then I will just download the patch but as it stands, I cannot play rocksmith at this moment. I am at a loss because the cord really seems just fine and my suspicion is that it is the guitars.

I do sometimes step on the cord while playing though so that could be the problem.
---
If the people only understood the rank injustice of our money and banking systems, there would be a revolution before morning - Andrew Jackson
#2Xerosnake90Posted 12/17/2011 12:21:33 PM
1. Make sure the cable is plugged into your console AND into your guitar.

2. If it's plugged in and you still hear nothing, I'm guessing this is your issue... Do you have the volume knob turned up? I've forgotten to turn the volume up and wondered why I got no sound.

3. If cable is plugged into guitar and xbox. Volume is up. Check to see if your guitar has an 'off' switch. Sometimes this deactivates the pick ups and nothing will come out of it.

4. If all that has been checked and STILL no sound, you have two choices to determine. Is your cable broken or are your guitars? If both of your guitars don't work, it's likely the cable isn't working.
---
PSN/360GT: Xerosnake90
New England Patriots
#3AllstarSniper32(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2011 1:20:12 AM
Where would the off switch be located? The only switch I see is the one that changes the pickups. The volume is up on both guitars and the cord is plugged in properly. I have looked at the cord and it looks perfectly fine but I know that doesn't mean that it is automatically good. Thanks for the help.
---
If the people only understood the rank injustice of our money and banking systems, there would be a revolution before morning - Andrew Jackson
#4Ultima DragonPosted 12/18/2011 2:15:20 AM
Did you try it with the Fender? All you can really do is trial and error. Try different USB slots, make sure nothing else is plugged in, different guitars, etc.

I actually haven't heard of this issue so if you try it with the Fender (or another guitar) and still have a problem I would suggest exchanging it for a new bundle if at all possible, as it could mean you got a faulty wire.
---
"Canada is a weird concept to me." - Master Cilander
#5AllstarSniper32(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2011 1:36:35 PM
I haven't gotten to try it with the Fender yet.

I did actually get to play it earlier though, worked just fine. That was about 6 or 7 hours ago, I tried it maybe a half hour ago and it didn't work again.

I think it was around the same time yesterday that it didn't work, I guess the problem could be the 360 since it is an older model.

Thanks for all the help though.
---
#6AllstarSniper32(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2011 4:53:26 PM
I did a little google search, and people that have PS3's cannot play rocksmith while using the PS3 wireless headset. My problem doesn't have anything to do with that though, all I have plugged in is the 360 controller.

I just don't understand how it can work for almost an hour straight and then it doesn't work the next time I try to play it. It is very frustrating, to say the least.
---
#7ballistic14Posted 12/19/2011 10:45:19 PM
Not sure what the 1/4" jack looks like on your guitar, but I've had to tighten it up on my Strat a few times. Pretty much the same problem except it'll play fine for hours on end and stop all of a sudden.
#8Blackbird34Posted 12/20/2011 10:47:18 AM
It may be possible that you have a short somewhere, most likely the jack of your guitar. But I would check and see how the Fender does first. But if the guitar works fine through a regular amp, then that's not it either. Hmmm

Oh, do you have multiple volume knobs for each pickup? Make sure both are turned up, just to be sure.
#9AllstarSniper32(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2011 6:33:57 AM
So far I have tried it with the Fender and I know that it works just fine through an amp but it still didn't register as being plugged in properly.

The volume knobs were all turned up for every guitar so shouldn't be the problem.

I went to Gamestop to inquire about maybe getting it replaced but I bought the game on launch day so they couldn't do anything because I didn't keep my receipt. The guy told me to get in contact with Ubisoft and showed me a way on-line to pull up that I bought the game since I have the PowerUp card thingy. If that doesn't work he told me to go into the store in the morning and he can then pull up my receipt but told me that it usually takes a couple hours to do that, which is why he told me to go in there in the morning. I am going to contact Ubisoft sometime today, I guess I should probably just go on-line and see if there is some sort of customer service and hopefully I can just get a replacement for the cord.

Once all that happens I will of course post back here to let everyone know what happened. And once again, thanks for the help.
---
#10Blackbird34Posted 12/21/2011 8:38:15 AM
It has to be a faulty cable. That, or If you installed it, it didn't install correctly.