Rocksmith cable + ASIO4ALL + Amplitube 3 = Pure win

#1CerialzPosted 4/17/2012 6:43:00 AM
Hey, just sharing something I've done yesterday:

I've downloaded a driver called ASIO4ALL to use the rocksmith cable in my computer:

www.asio4all.com

And then I used it with a software some of you might know, called Amplitube 3, and now I can play my guitar in my computer. I am really amazed at how well this works. The lag is literally 0, and I can record a riff and then switch the type of distortion I want on it without having to play it again. I can also record several layers of guitar tracks and export it all to a single sound file.

Seriously, this all by itself makes the purchase of Rocksmith worth its while.

The driver is free, and even though Amplitube 3 is paid, there is a free software called Audacity which also works, but with limited functionalities, of course.

Feel free to also post your experiences with using guitar on the computer.
#2Xerosnake90Posted 4/17/2012 12:18:21 PM
You discovered plugging your guitar into your computer. Congrats buddy.
---
PSN/360GT: Xerosnake90
#3Cerialz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2012 12:34:14 PM
Well that's an oversimplification...I had plugged my guitar into my computer through microfone jack some years ago. That's different from turning your computer into a fully integrated recording and mixing station, I think.

But anyways, I've searched the boards for ASIO4ALL and Amplitube and didn't find anything, so I'm sharing the tip for anyone who feels like trying it out
#4Xerosnake90Posted 4/17/2012 1:08:28 PM
You can use a variety of recording programns to record outside devices. FL studio is another great programn to use, though it is quite complicated. Plug in a guitar or MIDI keyboard and have fun.
---
PSN/360GT: Xerosnake90