So this HDMI lag is absolutely silly.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Rocksmith
  3. So this HDMI lag is absolutely silly.
3 years ago#1
I have Rocksmith going into my 360 S, which is taking video out via HDMI into my Onkyo AV receiver, and then on into the TV via the Audio Return Channel. I have the audio out of the 360 separately via an optical (TOSlink) cable, into the receiver too, and the receiver is set up with a 0ms A/V sync, and all processing effects off (as is the TV).

I get around 400ms lag. Seriously. This is an Xbox 360. My friggin' iPhone running an amp sim has zero latency. Utter joke.
---
Did you see that movie where they send a nuclear submarine to fight the piranhas, and one of them swims right down the periscope and bites the guy in the eye?
3 years ago#2
You may think you have all the processing effects off on your TV, but it's still the source of your lag. You will have no lag with a CRT TV or with your audio running directly to speakers/headphones. Don't put the sound through the TV at all.
---
GT/PSN: Owngineer
Currently playing: Rocksmith, Final Fantasy VII, Luigi's Mansion
3 years ago#3
I agree with Kerry, you may think you have a lag free setup but obviously you don't. Ditch the optical audio and go for analog and completely bypass your fancy AV receiver for the display.
3 years ago#4
HadOne2Many posted...
I agree with Kerry, you may think you have a lag free setup but obviously you don't. Ditch the optical audio and go for analog and completely bypass your fancy AV receiver for the display.

Should I dig my 22" CRT out, too? If you want to make a game in 2012, you make it compatible with current A/V standards, not those from the late 1990s.
---
Did you see that movie where they send a nuclear submarine to fight the piranhas, and one of them swims right down the periscope and bites the guy in the eye?
3 years ago#5
My system doesn't lag, and I'm using HDMI on a nice new HDTV for the display. Maybe if you followed simple instructions you'd have a good experience too.

http://rocksmith.ubi.com/rocksmith/en-US/setup/index.aspx

Hmm, don't see anything in the instructions about running your HDMI trough an AV receiver do you?
3 years ago#6
You've missed the point. I don't want to backpedal my not-exactly-cutting-edge AV setup in order to get a single video game to work properly.

It's a fun game, I'm enjoying it, no need to get defensive, I'm saying it's like releasing a game that only works if you use a wired 360 controller or something.
---
3 years ago#7
No, I believe it is you who has missed the point. I'm not getting defensive I am offering a solution. You are the one getting defensive. I'm simply pointing out that you are in fact causing the very lag you are complaining about by not following the instructions. I'm not doing this to change your mind, I couldn't care less about you or your experiences. I'm posting this because I don't want others seeing your post and assuming the game is laggy.
3 years ago#8
The game is laggy if you use a modern setup. It needs to specify clearly on the box that analog equipment is required to play the game without latency. I'd be VERY surprised if anybody's getting below 80ms of lag with the device.
---
3 years ago#9
Can i ask why you're using the Audio Return Channel? ARC is for sending sound from your tv to the amp, but you said the xbox is going into the amp direct so why do you need to use ARC?

I have a similar setup and notice no audio lag at all. I have my Xbox connected direct to my Onkyo Amp via HDMI, then one HDMI out of the amp into my tv for PVR Box, HTPC and Xbox which all into my Amp seperately via HDMI. Rocksmith video calibration is set at 50, which is how it was out the box. As i say, i notice no audio lag at all. Doesn't mean i havent got any, but i'd notice if it was 400ms.
3 years ago#10
Your problem is the AV receiver.

I use HDMI for picture and sound, and have no lag. The sound goes from the xbox to my tv and out to an external speaker setup that I have and I don't have any lag. Though I believe this game has some options that lets you calibrate whatever lag you're having; so you don't have to alter your setup.
---
GameFaQs on my phone, yay. Now I can reply to topics while pooping.
  1. Boards
  2. Rocksmith
  3. So this HDMI lag is absolutely silly.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived