could they have...

#1livin_tllPosted 12/8/2012 8:40:01 PM
Would it have been possible for them to make their own pieces of music for this game? Instead of having to pay a lot of licensing fees and what not for already made songs, I'm just wondering why they didn't make their own songs (at least some) that would be easier to shape into a good learning experience. They wouldn't even need vocals. Just some cool fun riffs. I find it strange and sad that they didn't do this. Lots more content for much cheaper prices. right?
---
gamertag LivinTLL501
#2TysonTerrorPosted 12/9/2012 3:55:02 PM
They made their own training techniques music. Specifically for training in a certain area
#3livin_tll(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 7:15:18 PM
Yeah I know that their are the little technique trainers and challenges but those technique trainers are really short and not really fun. Plus they don't really combine any techniques. I'm talkin whole pieces of music that they created themselves. some cool blues scales or some fun solo stuff.
---
gamertag LivinTLL501
#4e42Posted 12/9/2012 11:55:22 PM
I'd imagine they can sell more copies with the big names, as many people want to learn to play songs they already know. Besides, creating fun songs anyone would want to play more than a couple times isn't trivial, nor free. It's also a lot faster just to pick published songs and just add the notes data to it.

I guess they could use indie bands' music to make the DLCs a bit cheaper, but it's still a risk: would you buy it if you didn't know at all how the songs were like?
#5KeryAdamsPosted 12/12/2012 8:03:02 AM
Sure they could make original tracks, but there's no guarantee they would be good or fun to play. Licensing may be expensive but it also sells games. People want to be able to play famous tunes to impress their friends. Producing original tracks is expensive too and has no such appeal. If they could write and produce Top 40 tracks, they presumably would be doing that instead of making games.
---
GT/PSN: Owngineer
Currently playing: Legend of Zelda II, Resident Evil 3, Castlevania: SotN, Rocksmith
#6danderson 75Posted 12/19/2012 12:33:28 PM
I am not sure what you are talking about, the developer tracks are horrible. Not fun at all, and they caused me a bit of a problem when I decided to not play one when it came up on an encore.

Plus look up their holiday pack, they released one last year and it was free.
#7Bchulo88Posted 12/27/2012 2:43:33 AM
Since i first played ive wanted the intro song as dlc, i play along every time i turn it on.