Like Rock Prodigy (iPad), the thing that will make or break this game...

#1Jeremyc333Posted 10/13/2011 5:50:36 AM
Is if the pickups on your guitar along with the cable and software, will capture the notes you're playing....

I bought the Rock Prodigy game for iPad, and the concept was genius... Basically the same as Rocksmith...

But neither of my guitars (Gretsch Electromatic or ESP-LTD V-500) would consistently work with the iRig adapter... About half the notes would be picked up, even when using a heavy pick and picking as loudly as I possibly could.

That's why I'm going in cautious about Rocksmith... Again, the concept is genius, but hopefully there will not be any compatibility issues between certain guitars, the pickups and the software....

Not so much compatibility, but the ability to pick up every note... It's got me scared, and I hope it will be addressed in the reviews.
---
PS3 ID - Jeremyc33
#2bigalthesixthPosted 10/13/2011 10:56:15 AM
I really think that may be the iRig, I've never had success with that silly thing.

But you're right, the entire game relies on the cable being quality and it actually 'hearing' what you're playing. Pickups are very sensitive (obviously), so it won't be the guitar's or pickups' fault.
---
Following bigal, bigalthe2nd, bigalthe3rd, bigalthefourth and bigalthefifth (all banned), enter bigalthesixth! All hail bigal!
Total karma lost - 732
#3Jeremyc333(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2011 12:19:38 PM
Bigal:

What do you use, as far as guitar adapters for iOS?

The only ones I'm familiar with are iRig and the one made by Peavey...

iRig works pretty well on the Amplitube app, but I'm looking for one that is good for Garage Band... With Garage Band, iRig only works well on clean channels.. But once you crank up the gain and go for a metal sound, the noise gate is out of control.

And to keep this on topic so my message doesn't get deleted, allow me to say that I can't wait for Rocksmith!!! Wheeeeeeeee!!!
---
PS3 ID - Jeremyc33
#4bigalthesixthPosted 10/13/2011 1:38:14 PM
I've never found one that works well enough! Right at the moment I'm using one that I got at Sam Ash, and it's by PRS I believe. Not great though.

But, I can't tell if it's Amplitube or the adapter. Just never sounded good.

I've had far more luck on PCs to be honest. My MacBook and iPhone just don't like guitars for whatever reason, but using PCs I've found some *excellent* interfaces.
---
Following bigal, bigalthe2nd, bigalthe3rd, bigalthefourth and bigalthefifth (all banned), enter bigalthesixth! All hail bigal!
Total karma lost - 732