Question for people who never played before Rocksmith.

#1GeoD62Posted 5/5/2012 3:38:59 AM
The games been out since October, so my question is.....
Is the game teaching you to play guitar?

Ive been playing about five years but I was curious to see if anyone whos never played guitar is doing after 3-6 months. Have alot of you gave up?
---
"Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken".
#2wallball5Posted 5/7/2012 5:46:13 AM
It's definitely a great learning tool and motivates practicing.
---
The next best game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQw_ojXBS9w
PSN and MGO: John_Relle
#3UnrivaledKoopaPosted 5/8/2012 6:48:05 PM
I played for a couple months almost nonstop and was getting there

Then one day I had to screw up my overly complicated setup with HDMI cables and RCA cables and headphones for the sake of a Superbowl party, and that was pretty much the end of it.

I'm planning on re-starting soon, though...
#4MasterGamer72Posted 5/10/2012 11:54:02 AM
I barely played before picking up rocksmith. I've come a long way in the few months that it has been out. Awesome stuff.
---
KarateKid93: The hanging part is not funny, I actually contemplated it a few times when I was younger, I just couldn't get the hang of tying a noose though.
#5Idimmu88Posted 5/12/2012 1:27:32 PM
I picked this up Thursday and have had a blast with it I have no prior Guitar experience so i will report back in a week to tell if i learned anything
---
Misspelled Word Suggestions
gamefaqs: game****s, Kameko's, Kafka's, Compaq's, Mirfak's, game****'s, Jamaica's, Gomulka's, comebacks, comfits, gimmicks,
#6apirate12345432Posted 5/12/2012 4:32:40 PM
the game is a lot of fun. Playing songs and unlocking higher difficulties keeps me playing for hours.
However the real meat for learning are the mini games that teach and make you practice chords and scales.
---
PSN: [FfC] Leonof / FfC-GodD*mnBlue
#7GeoD62(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2012 4:15:36 AM
Glad everone is doing well. Koopa, ya gotta plug that thing back in!
Looks like this game/learning tool is doing what the makers set it out to do.
---
#8Idimmu88Posted 5/16/2012 5:06:55 AM
So here is an Update, I have been playing the mini games mostly and I am seeing Gains in my score.
Dawn of the Chordead is my game of choice right now 3 days ago top score was 25000 last night i hit 60k.
---
gamefaqs: game****s, Kameko's, Kafka's, Compaq's, Mirfak's, game****'s, Jamaica's, Gomulka's, comebacks, comfits, gimmicks,
#9GeoD62(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2012 7:25:02 AM
wtg idimmu. You will be changing those chords with your eyes closed before ya know it.
---
#10Idimmu88Posted 5/19/2012 6:45:49 AM
Lol ty, a bit more of an Update After playing the mini games almost all week( only played story mode to unlock mini games) I decided to try my hand at a couple songs.
I can't say they turned out great but I had alot easier time getting my placement quicker,
---