My 5 Biggest Problems With Eden Eternal

#1ThUnknownZombiePosted 7/13/2011 11:23:43 PM(edited)
Im a level 50 MA/Thief/Bard/Hunter and Guild Leader on Garnet server, and since pointing out things one dislikes about the game in its current form on the official website is basically prohibited, I want to list my criticisms here.

1. Everything is cramped together.

After playing many other MMO's, most similarly Flyff, the entire world of Eden Eternal seems extremely cramped. In Flyff, flying and exploration were major factors. The world was absolutely huge, and the scale was massive. In this game the amount of monsters per square unit is super crowded. Often times you will be traveling, and tree branches or tunnels will get in the way, constantly blocking your view and making it hard to navigate.

2. Everything is Aggro.

This is a horrible problem when in conjunction with #1. Wherever you travel, you can be sure to have a line of 3-5 monsters behind you at any point. You cant sit down without risk of being attacked unless you are in a city. To make matters worse monsters will follow you farther than I have ever seen monsters follow people in any other MMO. They will literally follow you half way across the map, into cities and safe areas. Its truly ridiculous. Get off me dawg.

3. The interface is garbage.

Countless times I have been in the middle of a fight, or running away from mobs while aoe grinding, and the interface has gotten in the way. Nothing on the screen except the mini map is static. Everything can be moved to any place on the screen at any point, meaning that many times you will accidentally move things that you didn't want to move, while trying to use items or click to run away, which can lead to unnecessary damage, and even death. Also controls are not always responsive, and it may be necessary to click on items multiple times before you actually use them. The quest log on the side of the screen can be buggy from time to time, getting larger or smaller and making you unable to scroll down.
---
/topic
#2ThUnknownZombie(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2011 11:37:35 PM(edited)
4. You don't own what is in your inventory.

I don't know if there are games out there that do this as well, but in Eden Eternal, not everything that you own, do you actually own. The game tells you what you can or cant trade/mail, what you can or cant throw away, and what you can or cant put up for sale. If you have worn a piece of equipment, you can no longer sell it in the auction house. This is the part of the game that makes the least sense to me, because when I own something, I assume I can do what I want with it. I don't understand why I cant sell a piece of level 48 set heavy armor that I found in an armor box cant be sold to someone who actually uses heavy armor. I dont understand why I cant sell my used Blue +6 level 43 Greatsword to someone who wants it for 200 gold, instead of having to sell it to an npc for 23 gold.

5. Bots.

Since I first downloaded the game a month ago, I have been spammed by bots every single day, multiple times a day. There is a captcha you have to enter every couple of minutes or so just to make sure you aren't a bot, and yet still there are bots everywhere. Gold spammers, gold farmers, power level advertisements. I know that it is a problem in virtually every MMO, and especially so since this is just open beta, but as another user on this board pointed out, the bot situation is still totally ridiculous. Block all of them, there's always more. Whisper spam, mail spam, zone spam, world chat spam. But at least it is merely a nuisance.

A.There are a number of other smaller things that I still find significant. The mini-map is generally horrible. For some reason the Korean version is like a year ahead of the other versions, even though this is just open beta(they have a ton of more costumes, items, content, and available classes to play).

B.There are animation glitches that happen about every other monster kill(monsters will fade away while still looking like they are fighting you, but do no damage. other times they just disappear into thin air). Invisibility as a thief doesn't prevent you from drawing aggro. Grinding class levels is long, boring, and tedious.

C.And preventing people from selling what they own presents a lack of economic depth in the social market place. You cant fully customize your ability setup to the keyboard, and instead are only offered the choices of 1-9, Alt+1-9, and Ctrl+1-9.

D.There isnt nearly enough space in the bank or backpack to hold all of your items, which is made worse by the fact that some things you arent even allowed to throw away. You have to constantly throw things away and sell them, and be worried when going into a dungeon whether or not you will have enough room, and sometimes will be forced to throw important and expensive gear away for more important and expensive gear because you don't have enough space to store what you need in your backpack or bank. I understand that this is a way of trying to get people to buy or rent more bank/backpack space. But this really shouldn't be an issue at all. You shouldn't try to make money off of something that people should have in the first place anyway.

E.The default item collection mode for parties is "Random" which basically means if you pick up something, there is a good chance that it is going to someone else. This has its uses in some cases, but why it is the default setting boggles my mind, especially when its the second option on the list of party distribution choices.

/rant
---
/topic
#3Kawakami_HanabiPosted 7/14/2011 1:33:46 AM
1. Everything is cramped together.
I prefer not having to spent 30 minutes traveling just to get to another area.
And I've never had a problem traveling, unless you're clicking to go everywhere or something.

2. Everything is Aggro.
Eh, creatures are passive for the first 2-3 areas, after then it's somewhat expected they'd start getting angry.

3. The interface is garbage.
I've had some occasions myself where I may of clicked part of the interface by accident, but it's never been too much of a problem. Not having the UI be completely static also means that I can arrange it to how I want it to be. Don't think I've had a problem with items not responding, but by default I spam click buttons, and yea the quest log is a bit odd at times, but it's generally fine.

4. You don't own what is in your inventory.
I see no problem with not being able to trade items you've equipped.

5. Bots.
Pretty much all MMOs have bots, and will always have bots. If you don't like getting random whispers then there's an option so that people can't whisper you unless you whisper them first.
#4ThUnknownZombie(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2011 2:09:48 AM
what dont you like about the game
---
/topic
#5Kawakami_HanabiPosted 7/14/2011 6:27:00 AM
Er, I guess the only problems I've had is it's hard to control your character if you've hit an enemy with a melee attack and it's still alive and that you can't send more than 1 item at once.

But other than that for a F2P MMORPG it's been quite enjoyable.
#6sinfulGrimoirePosted 7/14/2011 5:32:45 PM
Just so you know, the hostile monsters stop being hostile when you get to be like 8 or so levels above them.
---
GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
#7ThUnknownZombie(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2011 2:59:34 PM
I just found a new problem with this game.

Stuns ore 100% OP in duels. I just lost to a level 38 MA because he stunned me and killed me in about 5 seconds. There is no reason to have a 3 second stun in any 1v1 duel in any mmorpg. That is the dumbest s*** I have ever seen.

Stuns in pvp need to be nerfed or disabled, otherwise why bother fighting someone when its an instant lose? Whoever gets first stun wins. Broken.
---
/topic
#8RiliyksPosted 7/16/2011 11:16:13 AM
ThUnknownZombie posted...

Stuns ore 100% OP in duels. I just lost to a level 38 MA because he stunned me and killed me in about 5 seconds. There is no reason to have a 3 second stun in any 1v1 duel in any mmorpg. That is the dumbest s*** I have ever seen.

Stuns in pvp need to be nerfed or disabled, otherwise why bother fighting someone when its an instant lose? Whoever gets first stun wins. Broken.

News flash, it's a pve styled game. In 1v1 pvp, of course stun/knock down are gonna be op. In 10v10 and 15v15, it's not as big a deal.

Seriously, alot of your problems aren't really meritable. Sure, it's flawed, but it also offers alot of things that most MMO's don't. So what if the maps are smallish? It's not advertised as a massive expansive world, so I don't see what's the problem.

-places extra troll food out- Have a nice day ;P
---
Pkmn Diamond FC 2964-5171-5195
Gameplay>Graphics Typos hapen.
#9ThUnknownZombie(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2011 12:07:23 PM
Riliyks posted...
ThUnknownZombie posted...

News flash, it's a pve styled game. In 1v1 pvp, of course stun/knock down are gonna be op. In 10v10 and 15v15, it's not as big a deal.

Seriously, alot of your problems aren't really meritable. Sure, it's flawed, but it also offers alot of things that most MMO's don't. So what if the maps are smallish? It's not advertised as a massive expansive world, so I don't see what's the problem.

-places extra troll food out- Have a nice day ;P

"I don't think what you're complaining about is a problem. Your argument is invalid."
---
/topic
#10RiliyksPosted 7/16/2011 11:23:52 PM
I don't see... how having nice safe area's with npc's makes everything cramped. Monsters aren't so congested that just stepping out of town is an auto multi orgy of death ;P

The interface... is on par with most mmo's I've seen that use said interface, everything can be moved/resized, so there really isn't a problem, unless your too lazy to take 5 seconds to tweak the settings. (The defualt settings aren't exactly the best.)

As for not owning what you own, it's to keep control on the number of high level items and such. Let's face it, if everyone could just "haphazzerdly" pass down all of their pimped out gear. (+10 madness set with int gems layered over them for example) what would be the point? People would spam hunt dungeons to auction off high leveled gear, the market would tank and flood. If everyone is selling their blue 45 boss drops, who's gonna want em? Then you'll be really stuck with npc value. It's also to safe guard "loaning" gear out. Ever play an mmo where a friend asks to borrow your super stabby death dealer 9001 of +800 bonus? Then said friend goes mia for a couple of weeks, then magically, the same weapon shows up on another character, who's conviently said friends alt? Poof, their goes your "hard earned" weapon. With it locking to you on equip, it increases the sell value of buffed items extensively, and forces them to pay for said weapon, rather than just borrowing it.

Bots... are an accepted part of MMO's. Those poor starving people in korea or where ever need to eat as well ya know. For the majority of the time, the bots are in semi out of the way places, not interfereing with normal grinding. At least they are taking steps to prevent it, unlike other mmo's, that actually tanked hard due to bot infestation.

As for the minor points... grinding is again... something you should expect, espically with this style of mmo. Actually... welcome to the RPG genre. ;P The entire franchise is based around grinding levels ;P

Keyboard settings? ... take two seconds to look in the configuration menu. You can change what hotkeys are what.

I'm confused as to how you run into inventory space issues, considering your "claiming" to be over level 40. It really starts becoming a non issue around then. Unless your doing 5 repeatable quests that all have you gathering 2 items for it, you shouldn't run into issues.Or if your keeping power/guard scroll 20's in hopes that some noob will offer you alot of money for them. I've had no issues with storage, save a few items I'm keeping that I don't really need. ANY item can be either npc'ed, or straight out tossed. (Click the item, and drag it out of your bag, a little pop up will ask if you wanna get rid of it, just click yes ;D)

Ain't saying the games perfect, but... your arguements aren't based on legitament reasons, and rather nitpicking flaws that are either justified, or changable.

Good day ;D
---
Pkmn Diamond FC 2964-5171-5195
Gameplay>Graphics Typos hapen.