What is this "Booted for Excessive Grieving" bull****?

#21BigTlovesBEERPosted 9/3/2011 4:09:36 AM
Ziro67219 posted...
It means that you are doing something that would be of a grievance to the other player. Like constantly go for it on fourth down and such

I am perplexed as to how you can possibly grief someone in Madden other than being too good.

Take the fourth down nonsense. I will never understand how taking a risk is griefing. You have four chances to go for it and lose field position. Your opponent is playing defense right? Where is the "exploit"? I've read topics of people complaining about the "Vick kids" who run all day on them. Well... learn how to play defense and use a proper spy scheme . Vick doesn't have superpowers or anything.

Just play Madden with your friends if you have your own imaginary rules you wish to play by.
#22FateStayAlbionPosted 9/3/2011 4:13:59 AM
BigTlovesBEER posted...
Ziro67219 posted...
It means that you are doing something that would be of a grievance to the other player. Like constantly go for it on fourth down and such

I am perplexed as to how you can possibly grief someone in Madden other than being too good.

Take the fourth down nonsense. I will never understand how taking a risk is griefing. You have four chances to go for it and lose field position. Your opponent is playing defense right? Where is the "exploit"? I've read topics of people complaining about the "Vick kids" who run all day on them. Well... learn how to play defense and use a proper spy scheme . Vick doesn't have superpowers or anything.

Just play Madden with your friends if you have your own imaginary rules you wish to play by.

Going for it constantly on 4th is just trying to lose. Theres a reason that real NFL teams never do it... its a losing proposition. So just messing with your opponent while not trying to actually win is considering griefing. Constantly pausing or doing penalties does it, too.
---
http://i54.tinypic.com/2m47kmg.jpg
http://myanimelist.net/signature/RyanSaotome.png
#23ironkamaPosted 9/3/2011 5:36:04 AM
I'm thinking it's a EA server issue, b/c when I first booted the game up yesterday it wouldn't connect and now it randomly disconnects from the EA server. Also anyone finish an online match then have the menu and in-game music stop playing?

-No sig cause I don't care. (Gamertag:Narashi)
#24AzaneAzerPosted 9/3/2011 5:39:54 AM
Glad they finally have monitors in place to catch people like the OP.
#25yourwisesage(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2011 5:55:09 AM
The theory of going for it on 4th down is irrelevant because I always punt and play completely sim.

I'm in two sim leagues for online franchise and I always punt even on 4th and inches.
---
If you are reading this, then you have just wasted 5 seconds* of your life that you will never get back
* Actual time may vary
#26BigTlovesBEERPosted 9/3/2011 12:13:42 PM
yourwisesage posted...
The theory of going for it on 4th down is irrelevant because I always punt and play completely sim.

I'm in two sim leagues for online franchise and I always punt even on 4th and inches.

Yes this is fine. I am 100% for a group of individuals who decide to play a certain way being able to do it. I really do support this.

I DO think someone who constantly takes the risk of going for it on 4th down a "griefer" I think you have a bad definition of the word "griefing".
#27Wasssup NowPosted 9/3/2011 12:59:06 PM
usually when that message is shown to me it is after a person fails to hike the ball after 3 or 4 delay of games.
#28PeteyPan101Posted 9/3/2011 2:24:19 PM
I got kicked form the game for excessive penalties right after i got my first one...
#29Killajd82Posted 9/4/2011 12:52:07 AM
Ehhhhh wrong! This happened to me on first play of game after a kick of I did a rushing play gained about 5 yards then we got disconnected and then my opponent messages me said I was just kicked for grieving so how did I do something wrong but doing a running play lmao and gaining 5 yards this games servers has many problems glitches they working on a fix
#30Killajd82Posted 9/4/2011 12:54:44 AM
Again this has nothing to do with how your playing I play the game 100% legit just like real NFL I punt on 4th I do everything wright yet the disconnect grieving **** continues to happen