Ghost Roaster

#1crazymonkeyguy2Posted 1/8/2012 4:42:37 PM
Which path would you prefer?
---
R.I.P. Niels Bohr, one of the most epic physicists of all time, in my opinion that is! xD
#2zinformantPosted 1/8/2012 5:12:22 PM
Balthor 2001 posted...
Ghost Roaster: Fear Eater upgrades your Ectoplasm Mode by causing a damaging burst when you enter it, increasing your speed while decreasing the life loss, and touching a ghost while in Ectoplasm Mode causes it to detonate. Skull Master upgrades your Skull Charge with increased damage, causing it to turn enemies into ghosts, and letting you eat ghosts with it to gain life. Of these I think Skull Master is better because it makes an already decent attack better whereas Fear Eater improves something you shouldn't really be using much anyway.

megax11 posted...
Take note, that I believe in balance. I think I got this game figured. In some cases the jack of all trades, means the master of none. However, in this game, balance is key to having fun PVP matches and minimal deaths through the story.

With that said, before I choose a path, I see which of both starting moves does less damage. That is generally the path to take, as you don't want your Skylander to only be good at one move. You want a balance that makes both moves good enough to survive with.

With that said, I will start with Ghost Roaster. So many people choose a path that they really shouldn't in my opinion.

Ghost Roaster: Fear Eater

Why I chose this path: One of the three moves gotten from this path is hit and miss, but two of them are highly effective.

When his basic moves are learned, Roaster's Skull Charge does 35 damage per hit. He can circle enemies and wipe them out with ease. Should one choose the Skull Charge upgrade path, it goes up to 58 non-critical hit. Good, huh? NOPE! Sure, it does more damage, but he becomes a one-trick pony.

His Skull Charge at 35 per hit is good enough, that enemies will die quick through the story. AHA! You need to keep PVP in mind. That Skull Charge will get you NOWHERE in PVP.

With the Fear Eater path, I have finally allowed the Blaster Master path Drobot back into PVP play at my house. It was seriously overpowered, but he has met his match, which shows how a properly upgraded Roaster can be a beast.

The Fear Eater path allows you to do damage while in Ectoplasm form. Here it comes, "but Mega, I am dying while in that form." Yes, you are. However, when you buy the second upgrade on this path, you move MUCH FASTER and your damage per tick is cut by 6 points. So each time you take damage, you're taking 7 damage instead of 13.

You only need to stay in that form to avoid attacks, however. As I said, Drobot shoots the fastest, but I finally managed to beat Drobot and his crazy insane lasers, by staying in the form long enough to get close, then I let off the Ectoplasm button and let him have it with a Skull Charge. Drobot didn't stand a chance.

The third move, makes it so enemies turned to ghosts, will explode when passed over in ectoplasm form. This COULD be useful - that is why I say it's hit and miss - only if a lot of enemies are on screen, because it unleashes an area of effect cloud that does damage to all enemies. However, even leaving this out of the equasion, the Fear Eater path much more valuable than having a Skull Charge do an extra 23 damage.

This makes Roaster a contender on both sides of his moves. He still does enough damage with the Skull Charge to get people running scared, while having his ghost form be a lot more useful than had he not gone down that path.

Bottom line, a Skull Charge upgraded Roaster, that does 58 damage, wouldn't beat my Fear Eater Roaster, because I only have to stay in ghost form until the Skull Charge wears off, and follow with my own Skull Charge or tail attacks for 31 damage per hit.

---
Playing 'chicks' is an elegant game developed by Louis XIV.
You win if you can mimic a chick best.
#3zinformantPosted 1/8/2012 5:12:40 PM
Rossmacdaddy posted...
7. Ghost Roaster (Undead)
- Pros: Skull Charge is one of the best dash moves in the game and you're invincible while using it. Chain Whip surprisingly strong. Ectoplasm Mode is a useful utility move and another way to avoid damage. Both upgrade paths useful.
- Cons: Sub-par defense. No vertical range. Ghost minions useless in PvP. You constantly lose health while in Ectoplasm Mode (understandable though since it makes you invulnerable until you turn it off).
- Preferred Upgrade Path: Fear Eater
- Comments: Fear Eater is recommend to increase damage potential. Otherwise, Ghost Roaster becomes too reliant on Skull Charge. A very well rounded character.

Any questions?
---
Playing 'chicks' is an elegant game developed by Louis XIV.
You win if you can mimic a chick best.
#4JirynPosted 1/18/2012 7:07:38 PM
zinformant posted...
Rossmacdaddy posted...
7. Ghost Roaster (Undead)
- Pros: Skull Charge is one of the best dash moves in the game and you're invincible while using it. Chain Whip surprisingly strong. Ectoplasm Mode is a useful utility move and another way to avoid damage. Both upgrade paths useful.
- Cons: Sub-par defense. No vertical range. Ghost minions useless in PvP. You constantly lose health while in Ectoplasm Mode (understandable though since it makes you invulnerable until you turn it off).
- Preferred Upgrade Path: Fear Eater
- Comments: Fear Eater is recommend to increase damage potential. Otherwise, Ghost Roaster becomes too reliant on Skull Charge. A very well rounded character.

Any questions?

I suggest the Skull Charge path for PvE, He can solo any boss, including the final boss in this path without taking much damage at all.
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#5TashijiPosted 1/19/2012 8:46:15 AM
Ghost Roaster isn't a good PVP character on either path, if you ask me. He's a distant third in terms of overall Undead champions in PVP, and to be honest, I don't understand the mentality behind having him exclusively on a PVP build. Skull Master is significantly stronger in campaign, and that's what Ghost Roaster's main use is, really, so I'm going to go contrary and say to pick that.

Unless the only thing you do on the game anymore is PVP, in which case, listen to everyone else. But Fear Eater is a scrub in campaign, and Ghost Roaster himself is fodder-ish in PVP, so do keep that in mind when selecting.