Is this game worth buying?

#1DragonbornGamerPosted 8/23/2012 5:44:23 PM
Is it worth spending the money on the game plus most, if not all of the figures? I've been debating on buying it for a while but I'm not sure if the investment wil be worth it. The gameplay seems cool, I'm just not really sure how long the game is either, I know you can buy the add-on levels in the packs, but will those last a decent amount of time too?
#2TheAsteritePosted 8/23/2012 5:50:55 PM
I just got the game, and I think it was a good purchase. Until more info about the reposed figures for Skylanders: Giants comes in, just try to find the figures that allegedly won't get reposed:

Ghost Roaster
Sunburn
Warnado
Camo
Wham Shell
Voodood
Dino-Rang
Boomer

Note that a lot of these are hard to find, especially Wham Shell. Ghost Roaster and Sunburn are only in the adventure packs as far as I know.
---
Remember, that in books, and ages, and in life, the ending can never truly be written. - Atrus
#3DragonbornGamer(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2012 6:30:18 PM
TheAsterite posted...
I just got the game, and I think it was a good purchase. Until more info about the reposed figures for Skylanders: Giants comes in, just try to find the figures that allegedly won't get reposed:

Ghost Roaster
Sunburn
Warnado
Camo
Wham Shell
Voodood
Dino-Rang
Boomer

Note that a lot of these are hard to find, especially Wham Shell. Ghost Roaster and Sunburn are only in the adventure packs as far as I know.

Oh it doesn't matter to me what figures I get, I'm not trying to buy EVERY one, I'd buy a few maybe, but I just wanted to know if it's worth the investment, what I'm basically asking is, will the game last me a long time with all of the figures/add-on levels too?
#4RossmacdaddyPosted 8/23/2012 7:17:01 PM
DragonbornGamer posted...
Oh it doesn't matter to me what figures I get, I'm not trying to buy EVERY one, I'd buy a few maybe, but I just wanted to know if it's worth the investment, what I'm basically asking is, will the game last me a long time with all of the figures/add-on levels too?

Oh how many times I've heard that....

The game isn't terribly long by today's game standards, but it's still quite enjoyable. If you like it with a few characters, chances are you'll get your enjoyment out of it no problem. If you succumb to collecting every damn one... you can join us happy fellows in pity. :D
---
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
#5TheAsteritePosted 8/23/2012 7:35:44 PM
You'll definitely be playing levels multiple times with different characters to level them up and get money, their different play-styles make the levels enjoyable for many playthroughs. I'm not that far in the game, but the earlier levels are pretty short and do not represent the length of the middle levels in the game.
---
Remember, that in books, and ages, and in life, the ending can never truly be written. - Atrus