Ownership reset

#1WickedRoguePosted 1/18/2012 6:48:36 AM
Can a Skylander figure fully be reset? I know when you reset it resets it's level money and upgrades, but what about ownership? I was wondering if anyone has tested it yet.
---
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a bad game is bad forever." - Shigeru Miyamoto
#2MoukaryuuPosted 1/18/2012 12:35:36 PM
My understanding from Gamestop was that they won't buy them because the characters cannot be fully reset. I haven't tested it, as you asked, but given that this particular Gamestop is run by intelligent people, I would assume they cannot be fully reset.
---
Batman: Arkham City was the best game I've played this year.
Then came Skyrim.
#3WickedRogue(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2012 2:03:26 PM
That is interesting that Gamestop want's to already resell them. o.o;
---
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a bad game is bad forever." - Shigeru Miyamoto
#4MoukaryuuPosted 1/19/2012 6:26:03 AM
Did they change their stance on it? When I bought the game for my kids for Christmas, I was told they weren't buying them back.
---
Batman: Arkham City was the best game I've played this year.
Then came Skyrim.
#5ShinRaCSIPosted 1/19/2012 8:21:53 AM
Purchase Used Skylander

Reset - Set Skylander back to Level 1

Ownership - Take Ownership of visiting Skylander.

Two steps to put the Skylander fully back to starting as it came out of the package.

Skip Reset option and go straight to Ownership if you want to take control of the partly/fully upgraded Skylander.
#6WickedRogue(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2012 5:18:14 PM
My bad, I mean they won't be reselling them because Activision made it once a Skylander has an owner it always has an owner, is no way to fully reset it.
---
#7ShinRaCSIPosted 1/19/2012 5:51:26 PM
I don't understand what the issue would be. Its no different than buy/reselling a used video game or memory card. You don't know if it has a owner until you place it on a portal. At that point you either become the owner (if its new) or you can take ownership of it (used) .
#8WickedRogue(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2012 10:07:05 PM
The problem it seems is they want to sell them brand new. They don't want to deal with customers coming back asking why they don't own the Skylanders opened.
---
#9ShinRaCSIPosted 1/20/2012 2:46:44 AM
Arent things like DS games still cartridge?? Can't they still have save files from the previous owner?? I dont see GameStop refusing to trade/purchase used DS games because of it. If customers are to ignorant to reset ownership of a figure they shouldnt be playing the game in the first place.