Can I use the wireless portal for other consoles as well?

#1JPdelaGhettoPosted 10/22/2011 12:32:33 AM
My manager saw me oogling these games at work (Big Spyro fan) and he got the Wii starter pack for free so he gave it to me. I've been playing the game all night but I'm a little bit of a graphics whore. I know the game isn't going to be any more epic but at least it'll be a little cleaner and sharper on 360 or PS3.

So for anyone who knows how this game operates can I just pick up a copy of the game for another console and use the portal and characters I have, or would I need to buy a whole new starter set?
---
"This is my gift, it is my curse." - Peter Parker
#2Zeta777Posted 10/22/2011 12:42:28 AM
I'm not sure where you'd get a copy of the game without the starter set.

But anyways, I've heard that the Wii portal is compatible with the PS3 version, but the Xbox version is wired.
#3LordElohimPosted 10/22/2011 12:43:32 AM
To the best of my knowledge thus far, the game is not available outside of the starter set, meaning you can't buy it, for any platform, without the portal, so that part is moot. The figures will work with all versions of the game, and your level and moves info is stored on the figure itself. The portals are different, too. The 360 portal is USB, the Wii and PS3 are bluetooth, and the 3DS is wireless IR. All portals can be hooked up to PC, but they are not compatible between systems, as I understand.

Now, I have a question for you. My friend is a manager as well, and he is giving me his Wii copy. Was it the full retail package? Or, was it loose?
---
GamerTag: Lord Elohim PS3 - LordElohim
Wii Friend Code - 6305-2140-0177-8679 Name: Elohim
#4JPdelaGhetto(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2011 2:22:04 AM
It was the full Retail Wii Starter Set. He usually gives me the dumb games they get for free because he knows I tend to love them. I already did the Skylanders PC beta thing and used the portal for my PC. I'd assume the chances are high that someone might trade in the game on PS3 and not realized you need the portal for it to work. Which means random copy in the store I can buy. For now I'm going to try to hunt down a few of the figures that I really want. At least one for each element.

Anywho yeah it should be the full starter set. I'm assuming we both work for the same company and for managers that always get like every game ever for free ever year from vendors at their conference.
---
#5Relwyn001Posted 10/22/2011 9:31:56 AM
Can't trade them in, they are pennied out for trade in. I hope that changes, but right now, you can't do it.
---
......What a horrible night to have a curse......
#6JPdelaGhetto(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2011 12:56:25 AM
Oh well I'm still happy with it. At least the characters are stored in the figures. I picked up a few more today. This game has a pretty large chance of failing so I can probably pick up another started for a different platform dirt cheap later.
---
#7TheCyborgNinjaPosted 10/23/2011 12:58:10 AM
TheHoleFnShow posted...
Oh well I'm still happy with it. At least the characters are stored in the figures. I picked up a few more today. This game has a pretty large chance of failing so I can probably pick up another started for a different platform dirt cheap later.

Not around here. The thing is selling like hot cakes.
---
Captain Anderson also has his picture on his desk. Kaidan is such a slut. - khrulez
#8JPdelaGhetto(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2011 8:40:31 PM
Either way good to know. I've been on a hunting craze for a few figures. I love the game and I'm glad others to do. Maybe I don't want it to fail, but i'd like to be able to get the game on another platform cheap somehow lol
---
More topics from this board...
lightcore skylandersvegetajr114/19 5:24AM